• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Running EQ behind a firewall/blocked ports (1 Viewer)

Blueguy

RedCents
I am wondering if any of you could point me to some kind of walkthrough on how to setup playing eq behind a firewall where i work. I am not exactly sure what is blocked.

I have gotten as far as using a program called http-tunnel client and SocksCap, but it only goes as far as patching successfully. Once it hits the game servers i cannot connect.

i read that it has something to do with eq servers using UDP and that is what is blocked by most firewalls ect. I also read that you can do something like port forwarding and or using your friends computer ip address to bounce onto the eq servers. Is this the only way? I would really prefer a non rocket science approach if possible!

if anyone can clear up my vague understanding of how all this works, and how i can string it together to get eq going, i would be most appreciative!

thanks!

Last edited:
I use a remote desktop connect program to go around all the firewalls at my work. So it conects to my home desktop then uses that conection to get on the web. Just go around the firewall :)

So you have a fixed ip for your home machine? Which product are you using as the one I tried to use for desktop remote is very slow and not worth the effort. Yea, blueguy, most companies block udp packets and that is why you can patch but not play. I believe that tcp/ip is used for patching but udp are use for playing the game.

Running EQ behind a firewall/blocked ports

Users who are viewing this thread

Back