• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

reuse timers on some potions are client side (1 Viewer)

minen

RedCents
I set my clock back a few years and noticed that some of my potions had crazy reuse timers on them. When i reset my time and camped to desktop, and logged back in the timers were gone. Only camping completely out of EQ would update the time, i tried zoning and camping to character select and it didn't work.

Camping to desktop to reset them doesn't make this very useful, but if we could somehow force eq to update the timers on them without camping out we could have insta cast heals with no reuse timer. Posting it here so that maybe someone with more coding skill than me can mess around with it.

This has been hashed out a couple times, in the end there are 2 timers, one client side, one server side. That is why sometimes your client says an ability is ready so you can click it, but then it tells you it isn't ready yet.

Looks like you are right, i assumed it would work because it wouldn't let me use the potion when the timer said 17000 days left, apparently the client timer can prevent you from using your potion even if the server side timer has bene met, but won't allow you to use it if you havent met the server side timer.

Pretty sure potions such as regen and mana regen are server side timers and potions like Heal are client side. Now if we could figure out how to bypass it so it doesnt actually use a potion and doesnt use a timer .... who needs ghost killing? =P

The0Eldest said:
This has been hashed out a couple times, in the end there are 2 timers, one client side, one server side. That is why sometimes your client says an ability is ready so you can click it, but then it tells you it isn't ready yet.
this is correct.

reuse timers on some potions are client side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back