• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Lua - Returning to Everquest as a Mage: Sharing My Lua Script and Discovering mq2 Tools (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,438¢
I recently returned to Everquest as a mage after a 20-year hiatus and have successfully automated certain aspects of my gameplay with a 1200-line Lua script. Until yesterday, I was unaware of mq2cast, mq2melee, mq2nav, and mq2easyfind, which have captured my attention. Although my script is unsophisticated, it can be beneficial to those who are interested. It assumes a 120 mage and is intended for single mob kills rather than entire camps. To execute, use the hotbutton "/lua run magekill." Please note that the script only provides a programmer's interface, which requires flag editing to exclude auto-attack or auto-approach during raids. If you have any constructive criticism or suggestions, I welcome your feedback. Crafting my script has been an enjoyable experience for me.

Macroquest has significantly enhanced the fun and excitement of Everquest. As a bonus, I can now code and slay dragons simultaneously. How amazing is that! :)

Attachments

• MageKill.lua
    9.3 KB · Views: 3
  • MqSpells.lua
    4.5 KB · Views: 3
  • MqUtils.lua
    14.2 KB · Views: 2
mq2melee is universally considered as bad, its badly constructed, and do bad things with your toons, and have no use in todays eq.
Ok, that is good to know. Thanks for sharing this information.
I had difficulty utilizing mq2melee effectively with my mage when I tried it. Currently, the commands from the "newly discovered" mq2 plugins that I utilize are "/stick" and "/nav" to approach the mob. Previously, I had been relying on "/face fast" and "/keypress up hold" in a distance loop as demonstrated in the MeApproachSpawn() function.

I recently returned to Everquest as a mage after a 20-year hiatus and have successfully automated certain aspects of my gameplay with a 1200-line Lua script. Until yesterday, I was unaware of mq2cast, mq2melee, mq2nav, and mq2easyfind, which have captured my attention. Although my script is unsophisticated, it can be beneficial to those who are interested. It assumes a 120 mage and is intended for single mob kills rather than entire camps. To execute, use the hotbutton "/lua run magekill." Please note that the script only provides a programmer's interface, which requires flag editing to exclude auto-attack or auto-approach during raids. If you have any constructive criticism or suggestions, I welcome your feedback. Crafting my script has been an enjoyable experience for me.

Macroquest has significantly enhanced the fun and excitement of Everquest. As a bonus, I can now code and slay dragons simultaneously. How amazing is that! :)
for folks to be able to use the resources and get updates and such, please consider uploading as a resource so folks can watch the overview

for folks to be able to use the resources and get updates and such, please consider uploading as a resource so folks can watch the overview
This was my first post, even though I spent a month on the scripts, so thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
Here is the MageKill resource link as you suggested.

P.S. Your videos are amazing. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Lua - Returning to Everquest as a Mage: Sharing My Lua Script and Discovering mq2 Tools

Users who are viewing this thread

Back