• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Reset SS question Secure account ! (1 Viewer)

Changing the SS doesn't do shit to secure the account - if you do not have the first 4 and last 4 of the cc that opened the account, it will never be secure. Even if you move a character off the original account, the original can request it returned and screw you. Accounts don't get secure anymore.

Actually, Sony will not return the character back and screw you over. Sony has become lazy, the other day I went in to have my account unbanned cause a friend got it banned. I gave them the original credit card, and they told me they could not do unban the account without the credit card that banned it. I told them, if I am the original owner, and the account has always been in my name, then why can't I (the original owner) get the account back? After 3 hours of arguing with 3 reps, I ended up getting the account unbanned.

They won't reverse the character transfer even though the person who requested it was not the original owner, or even on the account once as a pay holder.

I actually just reset my security question yesterday b/c my acct was stolen and PW changed... went into live chat, they had me verify the station name, my full name, e-mail address on the account, last 4 digits of card used to pay for it (didnt have to be original card used btw), and my zipcode. They then gave me a list of questions to change it to, then changed it. Really simple, but I could see how it wasnt 100% secure because if I werent the original acct owner, the original owner could just go spout off that info and get it changed back. I guess if you make up some story about how you are crazy about security and can't handle the idea of somebody being able to just get your name and credit card number, they might be willing to change some stuff or make it harder to access the acct...

Marburyisgod said:
Actually, Sony will not return the character back and screw you over. Sony has become lazy, the other day I went in to have my account unbanned cause a friend got it banned. I gave them the original credit card, and they told me they could not do unban the account without the credit card that banned it. I told them, if I am the original owner, and the account has always been in my name, then why can't I (the original owner) get the account back? After 3 hours of arguing with 3 reps, I ended up getting the account unbanned.

They won't reverse the character transfer even though the person who requested it was not the original owner, or even on the account once as a pay holder.

In the past 2 weeks, I have had 4 people who have purchased accounts from me, have the characters they have moved to their own accounts, taken from those accounts and moved back to the original accounts - because the original owners contacted Sony and said their characters were gone, and wanted them returned. You are not correct.

Capriirecords said:
In the past 2 weeks, I have had 4 people who have purchased accounts from me, have the characters they have moved to their own accounts, taken from those accounts and moved back to the original accounts - because the original owners contacted Sony and said their characters were gone, and wanted them returned. You are not correct.

Note to self... lol don't buy accounts from Capriirecords...

Sum1 said:
Note to self... lol don't buy accounts from Capriirecords...
He trades ALOT on Zek, and is generally considered honest. I'd say that these are accounts hes brought at some stage, onsold, then the original owner has gacked the toons back.

I'm one of the, if not the biggest account broker in EverQuest, it goes well beyond Zek, I'm not interested in defending myself or responding to accusations beyond this, my reputation with the vast majority of people who buy and sell accounts speaks for itself. I can't control what original owners decide to do - and up until last week, I thought transferring a character to your own account made it 110% safe; it does not. This will most likely dissuade me from selling accounts further as it's not worth the hassle; I think this is important information to pass on, as it has a massive impact on anyone who buys and sells accounts.

Capriirecords said:
I'm one of the, if not the biggest account broker in EverQuest, it goes well beyond Zek, I'm not interested in defending myself or responding to accusations beyond this, my reputation with the vast majority of people who buy and sell accounts speaks for itself. I can't control what original owners decide to do - and up until last week, I thought transferring a character to your own account made it 110% safe; it does not. This will most likely dissuade me from selling accounts further as it's not worth the hassle; I think this is important information to pass on, as it has a massive impact on anyone who buys and sells accounts.

I was just kidding around about the not buying accounts thing :P

Buying and selling accounts in everquest is always a gamble... its a matter of risk vs reward for the individual doing the buying (and selling for that matter). I say if you feel you can fully protect yourself, then go for it.

Reset SS question Secure account !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back