• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request for new plugin - MQ2Saveme (1 Viewer)

Warrene

RedCents
20¢
General description:
Monitors your health and if it falls below a stipulated threshold, perform "/keypress instant_camp" or its equivalent. Setting the stipulated threshold to 0 (zero) turns off checking. Should be a very short frequency for the monitoring check.

Purpose:
To save your butt from unexpected problems when AFK.

Commands:
/saveme ###, where ### is a number between 0 and 99. A value outside that range is ignored. /saveme off might be a reasonable option as well.....more intuitive and consistent than /saveme 0.

Reason:
Macro processing is pretty dumb/straight-line, and adding this type of constant checking would be difficult at best. I can't see how this could be trapped via an event, since you really only can tell from screen messages that you are being hit, not how much aggregate damage you've taken. I don't want to camp just because I was hit once (eg. I may run out of range, or zone, or one of many other butt-saving activities). Having the checking outside a macro makes it immediately available for all macros with no re-coding or re-design.

If this kind of checking is already available in another plugin or even in basic MQ behavior, I'll take my flames in stride and go read up. If not, opinions/comments/assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Even though this seems like it would be straight-forward code, I've never written in C++, let alone my own plugin, and need to lean on y'all for guidance or assistance.

Thanks in advance.

darkeros said:
You can check hp percentages in macros.

You could do this in a macro, but from what I know, it'd be more efficient in a plugin like you're stating.
AYe, ye can. It's doing it at a moment's notice and taking immediate action that's the bugger.

Kukmuk said:
Here you go, tested on EQEmu (I don't have live EQ anymore). Let me know if there are any problems.
Thanks for the quick response!

Results from single test:
/saveme (no parameters) displayed usage information

/saveme 70, then attacking a big bad guy did force an instant camp at 67% health. It also crashed EQ (received the MQ is blocking sending crash info to SOE).

Since MQ persists and remains active, does the active state in the plugin need to be set to inactive just before executing the instant_camp?

*edit*
Same result on test #2.

instant_camp has its flaws. When instant works it goes to char select screen. Only issue with it is you need to adjust your macro that if your not ingame to end macro.

Some macros tend to try and keep running and throw out the commands and such on char select screen thinking its still in game but it will crash you. happened many times till I fixed my macros.

Thank you for your quick unit testing, it was late when I finished it so I didnt test it much =)

Results from single test:
/saveme (no parameters) displayed usage information
Wasnt this the requested design?
Rich (BB code):
/saveme off - turn off
/saveme 1-99 - camp off at given percentage
/saveme - show usage information

/saveme 70, then attacking a big bad guy did force an instant camp at 67% health.
If you get 1-rounded below camp amount, you will instant camp at next MQ2 pulse (very short amount of time), however it is not possible to camp at 70% when your life drops from 71% - 68%.

It also crashed EQ (received the MQ is blocking sending crash info to SOE).
This has been fixed

Since MQ persists and remains active, does the active state in the plugin need to be set to inactive just before executing the instant_camp?
This has been fixed, the plugin will not check hitpoints during pulses unless logged into the game (will not check during char select screen)

Kukmuk said:
Thank you for your quick unit testing, it was late when I finished it so I didnt test it much =)

Rich (BB code):
/saveme off - turn off

Thanks again for the quick response. Yes, you got the specs right; I just wasn't clear when I described my test results -- "show usage" performed as expected the first time.

If you get 1-rounded below camp amount, you will instant camp at next MQ2 pulse (very short amount of time), however it is not possible to camp at 70% when your life drops from 71% - 68%.

This has been fixed

This has been fixed, the plugin will not check hitpoints during pulses unless logged into the game (will not check during char select screen)

I chose 70% for a test. I actually camped at 67%, just as you've described.

Kukmuk said:

Rich (BB code):
/saveme off - turn off

This has been fixed

Thanks again for the quick response. Yes, you got the specs right; I just wasn't clear when I described my test results -- "show usage" performed as expected the first time.

I chose 70% for a test. I actually camped at 67%, just as you've described. I'll give this version a run-through in a few minutes.

Zero0003 said:
instant_camp has its flaws. When instant works it goes to char select screen. Only issue with it is you need to adjust your macro that if your not ingame to end macro.

Some macros tend to try and keep running and throw out the commands and such on char select screen thinking its still in game but it will crash you. happened many times till I fixed my macros.

Good point. Many a time I came back to find my Dreadlands macro spewing stuff at character select. I'll add that check to the macro as well.

Warrene said:

I chose 70% for a test. I actually camped at 67%, just as you've described. I'll give this version a run-through in a few minutes.

....just had a death, worked as expected. Mission accomplished!!

Zero0003 said:

if you want to instant camp to desktop, you can do the following:

Rich (BB code):
/multiline ; /camp desktop; /timed 5 /keypress INSTANT_CAMP

better than a core :)

Request for new plugin - MQ2Saveme

Users who are viewing this thread

Back