• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Regaining the old inventory look (1 Viewer)

toejam

RedCents
Hi all,
I haven't purchased the HoT expansion (money situation) and I have four accounts. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the inventiory to display the old way (verticle vs horizontally) like it used to. I tried changing the UI_inventory.html file to horizontal <false> but it doesn't do anything when I reload it.

Hope there is a super easy way to do this. )))

Thanx for your time. Maybe I can get the HoT next year. ))

Hi all,
I haven't purchased the HoT expansion (money situation) and I have four accounts. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the inventiory to display the old way (verticle vs horizontally) like it used to. I tried changing the UI_inventory.html file to horizontal <false> but it doesn't do anything when I reload it.

Hope there is a super easy way to do this. )))

Thanx for your time. Maybe I can get the HoT next year. ))

you mean the actually inv slots?

1 5
2 6
3 7
4 8

instead of

1 2
3 4
5 6
7 8
9 10

Well actually I mean how they open and close to the old sizes. I didn't even consider the different numbering routine. But what I really meant was when I open all my bags, they are all prepositioned the same on every character spread over five accounts, bunches of servers. Is there a way to bring back their simple verticle position again. The new horizontal can't see anything hardly.and the bags open up under/over each other. The old way they are lined up easy-peasy. It's gonna be a couple of months before I can afford to start buying the HoT expansions so It would be nice to at least keep the bags opening/closing like they used to. With no expansion I don't think I can benefit from the larger bags anyway (((.

The problem is not that I can't resize each and every bag/container/box/etc that I have on each character/on each server. I have spent hours getting the bags positioned as they were on the screen. When I opened the bank bags they all opened in a given spot, setup in such a way as to present the contents of all bags at one time, not overlapping any other. All bags would open that way automatically, based on a veriticle appearance of the bags. Now the bags open up, pretending to be bigger than they are (horizontally), covering adjacent bags, etc.

Now this should be too bad if it was only on one character but I play on tons of characters and I would like to be able to revert the ui to display the bag contents as they did a week ago. Is this clearer? I won't be buying HOT until sometime next year (money woes) and I have several accounts that I will have to upgrade. But that is months away. Right now I would like to be able to open all inventory bags and have them open in the same place, in the same format as pre-HOT release. ))

You have to redo them on every toon. The bag and inventory system was completely revamped, the old way no longer exists. Just rearrange the bags an it will remember them but you will have to do it on each toon.

well if you do it to one character ... you can copy the settings to the other characters easily in the options ... I think it says copy layout

I know this works for all the other windows and I think it works for the bags as well

hope that helps

Regaining the old inventory look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back