• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Quick question for you raid assists. (1 Viewer)

alabama20

RedCents
60¢
I find myself getting called upon more and more as the main assist lately for raids and my question is how do I get my assist call to highlight the mob's name as though it were an item link? I've seen other MA's do this out in the open, so I assume there is a legit, non-hack way to do it, and was just wondering if anyone here might be able to tell me or at least point me in the right direction for finding it on my own. Thanks for the help.

Shamelessly copied/pasted from another site

Choose an empty hotkey, and type something in it. That way, it will show up in your ini file with all your hotkeys.

Open up your ini file, it should be named CharacterName_ServerName.ini

Scroll down until you see the hotkey you just made. It should look something like this:

Page1Button1Name=
Page1Button1Color=
Page1Button1Line1=

Where it says Page#Button#line#, you type in your message. To find all of the symbols you can use go to Start Menu>Programs>Acessories>System Tools>Character Map.)

It's time to save your file. Go to File -> Save As, and if a box comes up with Ok and Cancel, press cancel. A Save screen will come up. Look at the bottom of the box and you'll see a column labled Encoding. Change that to UTF-8 and save over your old file. Go back into EQ (or if you're still in EQ, zone or reload your UI) and viola! You have a working hotkey.

If you want to have your target's name come up as a fake link, you replace the "%T" part of your hotkey text with "0028071-00001-00001-00001-00001-000015ED87FFC %t"

Example:

Page1Button1Name=Incoming
Page1Button1Color=
Page1Button1Line1=/g Incoming >> 0028071-00001-00001-00001-00001-000015ED87FFC %t <<

Because this thread is in the right section, it gets a puppy!

16.jpg

Sorta.

Thanks for the clear cut, easy to follow instructions, Trib! Much appreciated!

And theZ, damn, that actually made me laugh out loud. Put me in a bit of a difficult spot though when my wife asked what was so funny. She would not have found it as humorous as I did, and so I had to think fast. Fortunately though I was able to recall a pretty good strip off of GU Comics I hadn't shared with her yet.

Well Trib, it turned out to be even easier than I expected. Found the spot in my character file, and just copied and pasted "0028071-00001-00001-00001-00001-000015ED87FFC %t" into the spot I wanted it in and that was all that was required. Those assist calls will stand out much better now! Thanks again! Redcent for you, bud.

Quick question for you raid assists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back