• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question regarding Gate and Fade (1 Viewer)

GnobodyGnows

RedCents
I was looking through the code for some previous versions of piggyzone and other warp-type dlls (rwarp, etc.). It doesn't appear that either fade or gate use packets. I may be missing something, but would that mean that they are relatively "safe" from the warp tracking implemented by Sony. I was considering making a simple plugin with just those two functions to provide an "oh shit" get out of jail free card. From what I can see, as long as the toon doesn't change it's position, I should be okay.

Was wondering if anyone that has more knowledge than I would be willing to comment on this - am I simply setting myself up for a banning?

They don't send packets of their own no, but they do use a part of eqgame.exe that is after the "packet counter" that eqgame has and as such will still disconnect you for using them.

Thank you. I figured there had to be a reason that nobody has come up with a simple gate and fade plugin. Another quick question: is there a post anywhere that gives a concise explanation of the whole "packets" topic? I saw a couple that seemed to be more of a flamefest than a discussion, and I'd like to avoid asking questions that have been answered before.

Question regarding Gate and Fade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back