• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question about abusing the Z-axis. (1 Viewer)

alabama20

RedCents
60¢
I know that if a mob has a roof over its head, you can't cast on it from outside the zone geometry. Here's my question. Could we come up with a plugin that would warp us down to where we could see the mob, and start casting on it, then it warps us back out of the zone geometry? I guess it would be kinda like the no summon plug, except we'd have to input the coordinates before using so that it could be automated. I apologize in advance if this is a stupid idea. I have very little understanding as to how MQ2 actually works, and so this could be the newb-est idea ever posted for all I know. =-)

yes its possible, but very high profile as gms log warping accounts although they don't do anything unless you have an excessive number

True. It would be less than ghosting though. Specialy if you cast all your spells then warp out of the way. Question though does a mob reset. I know some do if they lose agro and get back to 100%

Question regarding the logging of warps. Since csum is basiclly a warp to corpse and warp back, would that be considered a logging of warp is that totally different?

Well this may be a dumb question, but what is considered excessive warping? Cause that's about all I use MQ2 for. That and the mapfilter, which I love so much I can hardly play without.

How about using it just for Clr casting ch in bot group? Or for any group member that gets aggro other than your MT? If tank continues to build aggro can another toon loses aggro by repeatedly (if needed) warp to safety.

I also had a question about the use of Warping/Casting/Agro Evasion. I dont know if it is still this way, but it used to be that the check for an interupted spell was the location of the start of the cast compaired to the end of the cast. If a CH takes 10 seconds to cast... Would it be possible to warp to a location.... Start a CH cast on a MT... Warp out of range.... Wait 9 seconds... Warp back to original cast location in time for heal to land... Warp Away again...

If possible, could set up a chain of a few warping CLR this way. But not sure if it is possible or not.

Question about abusing the Z-axis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back