• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question #1,000,239 How does this work? ) (1 Viewer)

toejam

RedCents
Greetings,
I have several questions about the actual operation of mq2. Hope you don't mind taking the time to point me to the light. ))

When I first run a new compile, everything is turned off (I assume). Then I start to turn features and cracks on as I need them. Do these things that I have turned on last from session to session (ie I play on Sunday, load up my plugins and cracks, then quit, Removing mq from my task bar. On Monday I start up again, is everything going to go back to the way it was when I quit on Sunday?

Or what if I don't completely stop mq2, but leave it on in the task bar, will this retain what I started up? or not all, maybe what the plugins but not the cracks, maybe both?

When I am at the character select screen, can I start plugins from there? What about cracks?

Just a couple simple questions that I hope to know the answers to shortly. ))
Thanx for your help in advance.
Toejam

Once you have loaded them once from my compile or any compile for that matter they will all be reloaded once you restart MQ2 from that compile folder again. The only time you will have to reload the plugins you want is when a new compile comes out.

Does this apply to the 'docracks' as well?

And can I load plugins and cracks from the character select screen?

And thanx for helping me out. ))
Toejam

You will have to download a new docrack ini each time the compile is released. It can be found normally stickied in the EQ strats section underneath the compile. That ini will be inserted into your release folder and yes once you actually load those cracks once they will continue to load every time you load from that compile. Yes you can also load plugins from the character select screen.

Thanx for the clarification. Sure helps me out. ))
Respectfully,
Toejam

PS Board etiquette learning time )) If I post a question, a simple one that is quickly answered, very neat, am I expected to acknowledge the answer, thereby using up space and a little bandwidth? Or should I just think 'thanx' and move on to my next question? haha
Toejam

All the plugins you have loaded are also in an ini file. The macroquest.ini I believe, at work so not sure.

So after a new compile you could copy and paste that Ini file to keep your old settings.

Thanx again, I have found the info in the ini file but it seems to only relate to plugins. Is there a file that records what cracks I run? This would save me from having to turn them on with each character each time I run EQ?
Thanx ahead of time.
Toejam

here's what you can do. make an autoexec.cfg text file (or it can be any of the other .cfg files you want to use) in the main mq2 folder. put all the "/docrack (docrack name here) on" commands that you want to always start up when you play.

http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/CFG_Files
autoexec.cfg Executed on the first pulse (when you reach character select, or when you are in game)
charselect.cfg Executed when you reach character select
zoned.cfg Executed after you finish zoning, but right before the map-specific config is executed
server_character.cfg Executed when a certain character enters the world
mapshortname.cfg Executed when you zone into this zone
pluginname-autoexec.cfg Executed when this plugin is loaded (after its initialization is complete)

Question #1,000,239 How does this work? )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back