• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem with Hud (1 Viewer)

Mikiky

RedCents
71¢
Hi all, this is my very first attempt to put together my own Hud for my SK. I keep getting this error message :

Unmatched bracket or invalid character following bracket found in index: "

Maybe I am just tired because I cant see the problem and it's probably staring me in the face :p

Other than the spamming of the error message, the Hud itself looks pretty damn good if I do say so myself!!!

The easiest way to troubleshoot this is to go line by line and comment every line out, reloading the hud every time. Once the error message stops spamming you, you've found the line the error is on. I'd do it myself, but sadly I don't really have the time to :( I work too much.

Never messed with a HUD in my entire life but I just skimmed through and I think I may have found the problem. Do this right here..

Rich (BB code):
Change:
GameTime4=3,250,110,0,240,240,${If[${String[${GameTime.Night}].Equal["TRUE"]},Night,Day]}

To:
GameTime4=3,250,110,0,240,240,${If[${String[${GameTime.Night}].Equal["TRUE"]},Night] } else { ${If[${String[${GameTime.Night}].NotEqual["TRUE"]},Day }}

Hud syntax is pretty different than macros that I'm used to so I'm not sure if that will work. But here's another idea, instead of saying why don't you just put

Rich (BB code):
Night: ${String[${GameTime.Night}]

That way it will just show up TRUE if it's night or FALSE if it's daytime. The reason I think this is the problem your having is because you have night, day after the if statement which doesn't make any sense. You can say if true then say night and else if false then say day. But again, I've never messed with HUDs before and I could be wrong let me know if that worked.

-UnKnoWn

Never messed with a HUD in my entire life but I just skimmed through and I think I may have found the problem. Do this right here..

Rich (BB code):
Change:
GameTime4=3,250,110,0,240,240,${If[${String[${GameTime.Night}].Equal["TRUE"]},Night,Day]}

To:
GameTime4=3,250,110,0,240,240,${If[${String[${GameTime.Night}].Equal["TRUE"]},Night] } else { ${If[${String[${GameTime.Night}].NotEqual["TRUE"]},Day }}

Hud syntax is pretty different than macros that I'm used to so I'm not sure if that will work. But here's another idea, instead of saying why don't you just put

Rich (BB code):
Night: ${String[${GameTime.Night}]

That way it will just show up TRUE if it's night or FALSE if it's daytime. The reason I think this is the problem your having is because you have night, day after the if statement which doesn't make any sense. You can say if true then say night and else if false then say day. But again, I've never messed with HUDs before and I could be wrong let me know if that worked.

-UnKnoWn

Hmm, editing with what you have in the first line did not work at all, it just returned a value of "null", so changed it back to the original line and it does give the correct values of "day" or "night"

Thank you for looking at this Sid and Unknown.. I'll see if I can figure it out by going through it one line at a time. The bummer of it all is there is no obvious errors that stand out as it runs as it seems to run ok and show all values correctly on the Hud itself as it runs.

Well, to narrow it down quickly, I'd comment out a section or two at a time. The moment it stops giving errors you know its in the section you commented out, then you can start uncommenting a few lines, etc then recomment a line or two until you narrow your search to where the problem is.
Troubleshooting FTL!

the problem is here
Rich (BB code):
${If[!${Me.AltAbilityReady[Fortify Companion}

change to

Rich (BB code):
${If[!${Me.AltAbilityReady[Fortify Companion]}

..... nice work ... looks nice

this one is fixed i think lol

Last edited:
the problem is here
Rich (BB code):
${If[!${Me.AltAbilityReady[Fortify Companion}

change to

Rich (BB code):
${If[!${Me.AltAbilityReady[Fortify Companion]}

..... nice work ... looks nice

this one is fixed i think lol

lol, that fixed it!!

And to think that I actually looked over it all twice! Thank you again for help zxcvbb and the compliment as well!!

Thank you too Sidd for ideas on how to do this :)

Does anyone else like this Hud? I can try my hand at making others if you like it this way :)

Problem with Hud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back