• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Powerleveling? (1 Viewer)

Marbury

RedCents
121¢
Does anyone know where I should power level at 43? Scarlet and Guk seem to lack experience now a days. I'm going to continue to plow through there, but the experience is not that grand.

I've had very good luck in the past with Field of Bone arena; then Kurns Tower; then Paludal Cavarens; then Overthere; then City of Mist; then Veksar; then Wall of Slaughter.

From Field of Bone up to Vexar, do not group with the character to be power leveled. Depending on the class doing the power leveling, I would do as follows:

Cleric - the low level toon will use damage shield pots and click on a damage shield. The lowby will then pull a massive amount of mobs to the cleric. The cleric will cycle through all the mobs and cast the cleric spell Mark of ? on each mob. This spell causes the mobs to take additional damage each time they hit the lowby. The spell damage stacks with the damage shield damage. When the lowby gets around 15% to 20% on hitpoints, use the clerics most efficient healing spell to complete heal the lowby. Most of the mobs at this point get really pist about this and will agro the cleric. Make sure the cleric has a supply of Damage Shield pots and that a damage shield is on the cleric. When the mobs attack the cleric, they will die quickly on the damage shield and the lowby will get all the experience.

Shaman - Use the same strat as the cleric minus the Mark spell.

Druid - Beef up the damage shield on the lowby and use the same strat as the cleric minus the Mark spell.

Ranger - Same strat as the Druid, however, find a nice corner to put your face in so that reposte/parry damage is not done to the mobs. If you repost/parry a mob, you will steal the experience from the lowby.

Paladin - Use the same strat as the Ranger.

From Veksar and on, I would group with the character being power leveled. The high level character will now be pulling the mobs to the lowby. A high level and nicely geared paladin can slaughter trains of Veksar Highborns and then the Undead Murkgliders in Wall of Slaughter IF they have the Slay Undead AA's. Using a non-tank class after City of Mist can be pretty tough. High level clerics do get a nice self only proc spell that does nice damage to mobs that hit them, however, clerics do not mitigate damage as well as tank classes and their defensive skill caps are not as high. A cleric will take a bit of a wooping if too many mobs are pulled at one time. I know other classes can solo efficiently, however, I stuck with the classes that can heal in this explanation primarily because I use the heal to pull agro from the lower level character.

Well, that's the strat I've used to level up a few toons. I'd try to incoorperate Hot Zones into your power leveling. Dungeon type zones that already have an exp bonus are great power leveling zones when they are turned into a Hot Zone.

Last edited:
I seem to remember grouping the low level char with my lvl 70 at about lvl 42 or 43 (its been a while), then going to lower guk and clearing the entire dead side of the zone. The dungeon xp bonus is good and if you have an AE class its pretty quick. I had both a 70 warrior (with earthshaker) and a lvl 70 druid, both were very good at AE'ing masses of mobs down. Dmg shielding mobs down is very nice, but only at the low levels (under 42), it starts to slow down at the higher end and isnt really worth it in my opinion when you can slaughter 200 mobs at once in a group.

The formula for sharing group Xp is 1.5 times the level

50 x 1.5 = 75 so 50 can group with 75 and still get PLed XP.
46 x 1.5 = 69 so you're going to need at least 47 to group with a level 70.

Warning; however, AAPX work's differently, or at least did last time I was PLing toons, everyone gets the same AAXP no matter what level they are so the lowbie toon will get the crappy AAXP the higher toon does, group PLing really only works well for regular XP, go for the repeatable TBS missions for AAs.

Powerleveling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back