• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

possible to find a mob based on spawn /loc? (1 Viewer)

shadowman33

RedCents
70¢
What I am wondering is, is it possible to find a mob in zone based off of it's original spawn /loc. Here is why....

I am helping out a RL friend on his bard 1.0. Since the recent patches, they have screwed up the spawning in Skyfire for Eldrig. Before, you sent someone over to graveyard to keep wiping out everthing that moves. The other person sat North of OT ramp at PH spawn location. After you get the PH to spawn, yo only need to camp that spot until Eldrig pops. Now since the patches, nothing spawns in the graveyard anymore. I sat in zone yesterday just looking and there is nothing spawning from the druid port in all the way thru the wizzy port in outside the walls. All the mobs wander down to just NE of the graveyard walls then turn around. Due to this, for some reason I am not able to even get the PH to pop anymore.

I was just curious since the PH always spawns on the exact same /loc, would it be possilbe (if you knew the /loc or withing a certain radius) to find that mob in zone based off of that location? That would eliminate having to kill everything in zone from that spawn point clear over to the graveyard since the PH wanders over there.

they changed that a while ago. nowadays just get a bard to highsun everything in sight. sit on eldrig's spawn spot and the ph should be highsuned onto you eventually. takes a LONG time

You could prolly make your wait time shorter by just aeing everything instead of highsunning. Prolly take 2 wizzies a burst or 2 of the cold ae to clear.

I know that SEQ and MSEQ have spawn locs and timers as well as pathing utilities but I think you may have to have the set saved for it to be worthwhile.

Last edited:
Well, the problem now though is the spawning in skyfire. Since the ph can be any mob, it wanders from the ph spawn point over towards the graveyard. Now since nothing even spawn in the graveyard AND nothing even wanders into it anymore, it makes it virtually impossible to locate and kill the ph. We sat in skyfire last night with 70 druid(me), 2 70 wizzy, 2 70 bst's, a 60 cleric, and a 70 mage. Everyone of use were pulling at least 5 at a time and wiping out the zone. We had half of the zone emptied most of the time. We did this for 3 hours and never got PH to spawn even once. Also, that entire time, not a single fragment dropped for cleric epic which we have been working on also.

On another note, I have noticed in alot of zones now, the spawning is screwed up. It seems like most of the mobs are spawning and grouping in only certain areas. Like EJ for example. Ran thru there going to help with a mage epic piece in CoM. All the mobs in the zone were concentrated into 6 groups throughout the zone.

possible to find a mob based on spawn /loc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back