• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - P1999 and MQ2 (1 Viewer)

Fabolous1

RedCents
Hey, I was wondering if you have an u detectable compile of mq2 available for project 1999 servers. I heard they run a something to check to see if you have mq2 process running and also check your hardware ID's so they have good anti hack protection. Any information appreciated because I am willing to pay for access if you have stuff available for p1999. Thanks

I'm new here, and wondering the same thing. However, I think that it's unlikely that MQ2 is extremely detectable. From what I have read, there are subtle signs that someone is using it. But with that being said I think most detection comes from obvious signs by the players. As with most game hacks, not being detected requires effort from both the user and the software being used.

I would, however, like to know more about what is clearly detectable and what is harder to detect. Does anyone have an introductory guide to the topic?

p99 sends packets to clients that if you are running mq2 will crash it.

MQ2 expects certain values received from the server to be specific things. IE X = a 2 digit number. What p99 does is they send X out as a 10 digit number. MQ2 doesn't have the memory set for that to be a 10 digit number and crashes, taking the eq client out with it. They see you disconnect on their anti cheat pulse a few times you get banned.

I think the best you could do is showeq. But I'd do some research to see if they can't detect that. It's not hooked into the eq client at all, and simply packet reading so I doubt they can.

Question - P1999 and MQ2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back