• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Notify buttons in EQ via Macro??? (1 Viewer)

Crystane

RedCents
736¢
Heya there,

I reached the point again where I cant find the right syntax.

I know if the ActionsWindow in EQ is open I can easily let a macro hit e.g. the RUN button via.
Rich (BB code):
/notify ActionsWindow AMP_WalkButton leftmouseup

Well I know this works only if the MainPage is opened.
If the CombatPage e.g. is open the line above for hitting the Walk button doesnt work.

I am looking for the Syntax how to activate one of those functions behind those buttons without opening the windows/pages itself, if thats possible.

If not possible am looking for the syntax how to open the CombatPage in the ActionsWindow, and I am not looking for a simple "/CTRL /keypress C".

Thx for any help in advance, Crystane.

Also if someone could tell me why /attack on in a macro only leads to a MQ2window message "atk on" instead to let my toon start swinging his weapons, would help me.

If you want to turn run on you need to use
Rich (BB code):
/notify ActionsWindow AMP_RunButton leftmouseup
because
Rich (BB code):
/notify ActionsWindow AMP_WalkButton leftmouseup
turns walk on.

Shoot me a tell in-game if you can't figure it out and I'll see what I can do.

plink

Bro, Walk and run was just the example what I can do allrdy even I typoed it here in my example.

I need a way to notify the button Melee Attack on the Combat Page, without the need to open that Page via
/keypress Ctrl+c

Because
Rich (BB code):
/notify ActionsWindow ACP_MeleeAttackButton leftmouseup

works only if I swap to that page in the Actionswindow first.
I would eighter like to know the syntax to notify that button direct or if its not possible to do so.

Thx.....

Map auto-attack to a button and use /keypress.

Sounds to me like you're trying to do it the hard way. The method described above will not require a hotbutton. Just go into options and map the auto-attack to the Num_+ key and make your macro or whatever do:

Rich (BB code):
/keypress Num_+

majin1970 said:
Map auto-attack to a button and use /keypress.

Sounds to me like you're trying to do it the hard way. The method described above will not require a hotbutton. Just go into options and map the auto-attack to the Num_+ key and make your macro or whatever do:

Rich (BB code):
/keypress Num_+

Why not just use
Rich (BB code):
/attack
?

Try looking at this one I was playing with for buying AA's.

The custom variables should be self-explanatory.

/notify AAWindow AAW_GeneralList listselect ${Window[AAWindow].Child[AAW_${Tab}List].List[${AAToBuy}]}

Thx for all the useful hints and comments,

I solved my problem via fixing my MQ2.....ini
ROFL
I found an Alias in it /attack=/echo atk
cleaned that line out and voila its working again.
Else beside I learned some about windows and stuff, which helps me on other stuff to program in macros, without useing /keypress

Because /keypress is custom for every user and I like code in my macros, which works regardless of what keybinds a user has. This leads to users likeing my macro's.

Crystane said:
Thx for all the useful hints and comments,

I solved my problem via fixing my MQ2.....ini
ROFL
I found an Alias in it /attack=/echo atk
cleaned that line out and voila its working again.
Else beside I learned some about windows and stuff, which helps me on other stuff to program in macros, without useing /keypress

Because /keypress is custom for every user and I like code in my macros, which works regardless of what keybinds a user has. This leads to users likeing my macro's.

I was about to say /attack works for me ;) I'm glad you got it worked out.

Notify buttons in EQ via Macro???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back