• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

new to macro writeing (1 Viewer)

philthy

RedCents
Hello,

Could someone help me in writing a super basic macro. I can usually learn from there. Basicaly what I wanna do is just use 2 hot keys on background eq sessions while i focus all attention on me foreground session. So say im 3 boxing i want my 2 back ground sessions just to spam hotkey 1 and 2 untill mob is dead. Thus when mob is dead macro is ended. Thanks in advance for any help I may get on this =)

Usualy just spamming a hot key is not the best way to approach a macro since most commands are available to cover hotkey abilityies.

Are you looking for something to run a rog so need to chain backstab? or run a ranger and chain archery? I can help you out from there just let me know.

In fact can just PM me if rather.

You might as well use autofire.

What're you want is so simplistic that it can be easily accomplished using that. If you want an actual macro, provide us with the following information:

What class / level is the character?
What do the hot buttons do?
What situations do you use the hotbuttons in? Be specific...for example, grouping with others as opposed to grouping with just your bots as opposed to grouping with people who know you MQ.

lol You guys arer trying to help and I appreciate that. Im trying to figure macro making on my own so ALL I am asking for is HOW do you make a Macro press hot key 1...then how do you make it press hotkey 2 1-10 seconds later depending on my choice..then loop it to do same thing untill a mob dies. When mob dies it end. Doesnt have to be for a ranger Just hotkey 1, hotkey 2,...Can this simple thing be done? If so how?

This is a pretty stupid macro but it will do what you ask. The reason they are asking what you are trying to do with the hotkeys is because there is probably alot better way to do it with a macro than your hotkey can do. I HATE using a hard coded delay in a macro, almost always the variable you are trying to wait out with the delay can be checked with the macro and hit the hotkey when it is ready. Say you want to kick with hotkey one, if kick has a 2 second refresh it is way better to have the macro check if kick is ready, and use it if it is up, than to put a /kick, delay 2s /kick in there. Tell us what you are trying to do and I am sure someone here can help alot more than this hackjob I am posting lol.

Rich (BB code):
#event mobdeath	"You have slain #*#"
#event mobdeath	"#*# has been slain by #*#"

Sub Main
    /declare mobdeath  bool    outer   FALSE

:kill
    /keypress 1
    /delay 1s
    /keypress 2
    /if (!${mobdeath}) /goto :kill
    /varset Saved FALSE
    /end

Sub Event_mobdeath
    /varset mobdeath TRUE
/return

Just define the key you have linked to hotkey one and two.

That will run the macro with a 1 second delay till you see the message you have slain or someone has slain something, then end. If this was a macro to say kick, I would much rather use a statement: if my attack is on and I have a npc targeted, and my target is in range , and my kick ability is ready, then kick.

This way it always works right, and wont spam you or end on you when the mob dies. See why it is more important to say what you are trying to do?

new to macro writeing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back