• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

My first compile made ever (1 Viewer)

deeany

RedCents
i finally got the nerve to compile my first ever release, although, it dont look as clean as the compiles i see on these forums. Any suggestions as to customizing my compile so that it dont look so cluttered? :confused:

I bet he means all the files that the complie makes but you don't need. you can delete just about everything in that folder cept for the Dlls and ini's and be ok.

delete all .map/.pdb/.lib/.exp files and you should be good to go, even better once you compile make a new folder and copy .exe *.dll and *.ini from your release folder to your new MQ2 folder, always execute mq2 from your new folder. This will make things easier to manage plus you can recompile on the fly.

odessa said:
delete all .map/.pdb/.lib/.exp files and you should be good to go, even better once you compile make a new folder and copy .exe *.dll and *.ini from your release folder to your new MQ2 folder, always execute mq2 from your new folder. This will make things easier to manage plus you can recompile on the fly.

Thanks for the tip! now mabey i can go into compiling plugins lol

I bet he means...

I halfway resent that lol there are 2 people who use the name Deeany here but only me who uses it in eq.

My first compile made ever

Users who are viewing this thread

Back