• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

MQ chat window is missing (1 Viewer)

sacluded

RedCents
42¢
I have been useing MQ for while, i have the warp and the macros down good. I have the docack working fine. but my prob is that only on one toon will the MQ window not show up. It is just not there. When i type MQ commands in the reg EQ main chat window they work but it is outputting all the text to the eq main chat window and i do not want that to happen. Also my second prob is that now on my other toons the window is there but it is outputing text to the MQ window and the EQ main chat window. Thrid problem is i have to start MQ once i get to the toon screen. If i start it before i get eqgame.exe error. Also if i close MQ while still in EQ the MQ window doesn't go away and i can still use MQ commands and they work. Once i re run MQ it go to the taskbar but the MQ window in Game doesn't say MQ loaded anymore. IT is like it never left. The last thingy is realy not a porb but i was just wondering what was going on. It started doing this once i got Docrack and started doing the cracks under docrack. If u can can help thanks. Nothign really wrong with MQ but i do not want all the MQ test going thru my main chat window just incase my log file is looked thru for some reason. Another thing is i also have the Docrack UI window loaded so i can just click on the Cracks i want to run. Not sure if that has anything to do with my prob.

here's an option for you to get the chat window to start again. delete the macroquest2.ini file. it'll be recreated when you start up mq2 again. second, don't quit mq2 untill you have done the /unload command on any and all everquest windows.

For those who have had this problem, I located the configuration elements and wanted to share. This is a quick and easy fix, just two settings to change in one file.
Edit the following file:
EQRootFolder\UI_InsertCharecterNameHere.ini
To quickly and easily edit just right click the file and click edit
Scroll down or search [MainChat]
Then change
Show=1
FirstTimeAlert=1
Escapable=0
Save the file, log out of the game and log back in (unless you were already out, then just log in)
1605246852655.png

Cheers! Hope this helps everyone!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
MQ chat window is missing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back