• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Macro Request (1 Viewer)

jstbilly

RedCents
I was wondering if anyone could make a macro that would let 1+ characters turn in Kegs to the caller at the exact same time, so that you can do this post below. I can play 3 toons but only got 1 computer, so I cant give the kegs to the caller at the same time. Post taken from The Steelwarrior.

Originally Posted by Gorlab
Heh no I farmed AAs not items.

Here's the best way to do the callers with AE...and I've done it quite a bit.

Callers are in FG, you buy one of 3 "kegs" of blargroot or some such to start them up. The more expensive the keg the faster the spawn rate of the mobs. Once you start them by giving them a keg, the caller wanders down to a cave and respawns rooted in the middle and starts summoning mobs in waves. The mobs despawn after about 12 minutes. He stops when you give him the note that you got to start the event which stops it, or when he is killed by the mobs.

Here's the trick. Agro the caller with a bard and park him off to the side with invis song on and the mobs never agro on the caller so you get a perma mob summoner. Here's another trick, you can give more than 1 keg at a time, up to 4. Here's another trick, you can give with 2 pcs at once if your timing is just on. So I would start up 2 caves (the right and back ones) with 8 of the most expensive keg each and wait for a full spawn. (More mobs is actually worse because they don't clump as well, using the 3rd cave makes pulling MUCH harder, etc, etc this is by far the best configuration.) It costs something like 1.6k to start this up but you will get that in just vendor loot after a cycle or two...and you can keep this going for as long as you have time. I essentially never kill the nameds, I just don't bother as its not worth slowing down the xp that much.

Now remove your haste, duel a shaman bot and slow yourself. Use a cleric to DA pull both caves and then use the 2nd DA to cluster the mobs together. Invis the warrior and move in the middle of this mob of ~150 fungus beasts and rampage. It takes about 6-8 minutes for the server to catch up to the damage you've done but if solo you get about 80-150% of an AA. A friend and I powered my druid from 58-65 in a weekend and we powered his cleric from 44-59 in 2 nights (before we got in the wow beta and quit eq). At any rate, after the rampage the cleric and warrior both die, don't bother trying to live it takes more time than its worth and the xp is more than worth it. Have the shaman drag the corpses and use a 2nd cleric to rez. At this point when rampage refreshes after 10 min the 2nd cleric can now pull and you get about 5aa per hour solo (with bots). Less of course if grouped...but you can group up a full group of 6 and still get xp comprable or better than to elemental planes solo (with bots).

Macro Request

Users who are viewing this thread

Back