• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Looking for Plugin Help (1 Viewer)

HardOne

RedCents
51¢
I wanted to make a simple plugin, but I'm completly plugin stupid. If anyone is willing to write a plugin for me, please PM me.

I don't really know any c++, I can make macro's that work and do what I want, but I'd like to have this as a plugin. Basically I want this:

Every 10 minutes, I want a /list of a channel (or multiple channels, maybe listed in an ini) done, and a normal EQ /who for the zone. So my log file shows both the /who and the /list. It's for a DKP program, which parses the EQ log, and compares channels names to those in the raid/zone.

Commands would be:
  • /startlog
  • /stoplog
  • /setchannel channel1, channel2
  • /settime 10 (in minutes)
  • /alwayslog (remove the log on/off lines)

Ideally, every how ever many minutes it would:
  • /log on
    /list channel1
    /list channel2
    /who (normal eq who, not MQ2 who)
    /log off

Macro code makes sence to me, but plugins don't. even knowing what they do, it's hard for me to pick out whats going on, and how they work.

What you want is a macro.

If you can't run one because you already have a macro...it wouldn't be hard to just make a sub that did that sort of parsing and have it called in the macro.

That said, MQ2 already has logs set to on while it's running, afaik.

Most of this is macro work for sure. All of the data is logged to your character log in the EQ folder.

All of those commands can be called from a macro.

/who all logs this line x num players (anon/role are slightly different)

Normal: [Level ClassTitle (Class)] Firstname (Race) <Some Guild> ZONE: Zone.ShortName
Anon: [ANONYMOUS] Firstname
Role: [ANONYMOUS] Firstname <Some Guild>

Here's a sample:

Rich (BB code):
#event WhoNormal "#*#] #1# (#*# <#2#> ZONE: #3#"
#event WhoAnon "#*#] #1#"
#event WhoRole "#*#] #1# <#2#>"

Sub Event_WhoNormal(string Line, string FirstName, string GuildName, string ZoneName)
     /call LogIt "${FirstName} ${GuildName} ${ZoneName}"
/return

Sub Event_WhoAnon(string Line, string FirstName)
     /call LogIt "${FirstName}"
/return

Sub Event_WhoRole(string Line, string FirstName, string GuildName)
     /call LogIt "${FirstName} ${GuildName}"
/return

Sub Event_LogIt(string Buffer)
     /echo "${Buffer}"
     /mqlog "${Buffer}"
/return

All untested of course. Should work.

Channel info is as follows:

Channel channelname(#ofpeople) members:
@Person1, Person2, Person3

Channel channelname(#ofpeople) members:
*Person1, Person2, Person3

Same deal. Create an event that looks for these in a log:

Rich (BB code):
#event  ChanListA "    *#*#"
#event  ChanListB"    @#*#"

Sub Event_ChanListA(string Line, string Buffer)
     /declare Count int local ${Buffer.Find[,]}
     /declare aa int 0
     /for aa 1 to ${Count}
          /call LogIt ${Buffer.Arg[${aa},,]}
     /next aa
/return

Or something like that..

RedDog said:
DKP Parsing Macro
It's not VIP, so have a ball.

The thread also describes how to include the code within another macro.

That'll work as well, though it doesn't filter the info into something nice. The VIP section has a super super BADASS DKP plugin that PWNS everything. Worth the donation IMHO.

Cobalt said:
That'll work as well, though it doesn't filter the info into something nice. The VIP section has a super super BADASS DKP plugin that PWNS everything. Worth the donation IMHO.
I have it (VIP Access that is), but I was under the impression we weren't supposed to link to or post info on VIP items?

I wrote that macro. I wanted to turn it into plugin form, for other in my guild who don't run macro's (or don't really understand them.) Guess I'll just stick with what I ahve.

HardOne said:
I wrote that macro. I wanted to turn it into plugin form, for other in my guild who don't run macro's (or don't really understand them.) Guess I'll just stick with what I ahve.
ROFLMAO

I should have figured from the name :P

Oh and TY btw - I use it constantly. I built it into one of my other macros and it's a life saver

Looking for Plugin Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back