• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Software Loaded characters show blank boxes for spell and item info. MQ2 box is also empty (1 Viewer)

raven_warsong

RedCents
529¢
I watched the videos and followed them step by step. I downloaded the launcher and then installed Very Vanilla. I logged in one character and it showed the MQ2 box and when Inspecting the spell and item info it showed all the tooltips. When I autoloaded just 4 characters they auto-loaded just fine but when they came into the game their MQ2 boxes were blank. My tell window was blank and when inspecting spells and items on each character it just opened a blank box with no info on it. Am I missing a setting or did I not set something up right? I have a feeling it's something so simple I will feel like a twerp when explained to me. Perplexed and confused atm. HELP!

Yes. I closed the map and it worked again. So, I take it you can't use the in-game map with MQ2? Is there an alternative, please? Thanks again.
no its not mq2's fault - eq has a certain amount of "stuff" that you can load at once - its the same reason if you have a giga-mega amount of bag slots in your bank you will end up with a couple of slots blanking out and items looking like they disappear.

you can adjust your mapfilter settings so you're displaying so much "stuff" and it'll work just fine

basically there was just too many labels visible. You can click the "labels" button on the in game map and since the labels themselves aren't showing then it would clear up the issue. But with Mq2 you can see things on the map, so those things would just become dots instead of labels.

you can also type /mapfilter to get a list of filters you can apply to the map to reduce the amount of labels you see if you prefer to see the labels but see less things on the map.

basically there was just too many labels visible. You can click the "labels" button on the in game map and since the labels themselves aren't showing then it would clear up the issue. But with Mq2 you can see things on the map, so those things would just become dots instead of labels.

you can also type /mapfilter to get a list of filters you can apply to the map to reduce the amount of labels you see if you prefer to see the labels but see less things on the map.

yep this is it exactly! I just turn off my map labels (can still keep map itself open) and i will be able to see the text again that blanked out.. freaked out the first time i ever had this happen, but found out fairly quickly what the cause was..

Software Loaded characters show blank boxes for spell and item info. MQ2 box is also empty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back