• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Leader AA's? (1 Viewer)

I have been playing with this for the last few days. Came up with the idea that if I could force myself to be leader I could potentially get Leadership AA's even though I was not leader. This is where I started:

Rich (BB code):
#define __GroupLeader          0x9068DC
This is inside eqgame.h as are a bunch of other interesting defines.

This actually contains the name of the character that is group leader. Grab a copy of Winhack and Permedit. Now load EQ, and 3 of your chars, or be in a group. Run Winhack, enable it using Permedit. Now open Eqgame.exe in Winhack and in the 2nd tab (Edit Memory) load $9068dc where it says Goto Address and click it. What do you see plain as day? The name of the character that is group leader. You can actually change that - Docrack example:
Rich (BB code):
[FillInCrackLeader]
Description="Fill in Crack is Leader"
Version="2005.12.15"
address0=9068dc
normal0="00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00" <-- 00 x length of char name
crack0="52 6F 67 75 65 64 75 64 65" <--- your char name in Hex here (RogueDude is of course NOT my chars real name, lol)

** you need to edit crack0 to your character name -- see below**

Hence YOUR character name would go there that you want as leader, and you can then invite people just like you were leader. Not sure what else you can do but I wonder if this would work the same for RaidLeader :P Also wondering if you can get Leadership EXP doing this? (Answer is NO, tried it) Of course transferring leadership won't work with this offset on, but will work on that later. This is only Client Side (won't show you as leader to anyone else). I am definately gonna try to learn more about writing plugins to use this.

I didn't have time to test this and the above it very crude example but will allow you to invite others, not sure what else since could not test it more before I had to head to work (see below **). This offset is given to us each patch, so can be updated easy. I think if you are leader it can get difficult to transfer so would advise some caution, since have not fully tested this. (CASE SENSITIVE BELOW)

Note : 52 = R, 6F = o, 67 = g, 75 = u, 65 = e, 64 = d, 75 = u, 64 = d, 65 = e

asciifull.gif

** Just noticed you can talk in group (/g) with this even though just youself in group and also DISBAND.
** You can Disband any player in your group, /disband charname - wont work in a raid if raid is locked though, I tried :rolleyes:

As an option I found :

Rich (BB code):
#define __GroupCount    0x906780
and added :
Rich (BB code):
[FillInCrackLeader]
Description="Fill in Crack is Leader"
Version="2005.12.15"
address0=9068dc
normal0="00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00" <--- make sure length is same as below
crack0="52 6F 67 75 65 64 75 64 65" <--- your char name here in Hex
address1=906780
normal1="00"
crack1="03"

I believe with this it will actually show you in a HUD as being group leader. I still was not able to get leadership to work, but thought it might be a step closer.

FYI: This is ALL Client Side. No one will see you as leader, but if invite ppl it will show you invited, but disbanding someone does not show.

Leads me into thinking it is Serverside, but maybe there is another offset to toggle here?

Last edited:
Leader AA's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back