• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

Kill high end Luclin / Gates / OOW mobs w/o Ghosting. (1 Viewer)

Whiterabbit_0

RedCents
Hey everyone,

The other day I was dinking around in Vxed with a modified version of the AFK bard macro which would warp me 10 loc units away the second I got hit. It was working really well and FINALLY I wasn't dying when something confusing and wonderful happened. I was facing a wall when I got hit.

BAM It teleported me off the world, just barely, but enough that I couldn't move. I quickly hit Fading Memories, waited for the dots to fade off my target and hit Fading Memories again... that's when I realized that my position was remaining static as opposed to what happens with the zwarp command (you fall to your death).

I sat there and thought about this and began trying to warp to different locs off the world map. I noticed that I could go anywhere under the world in Vxed as long as I kept my z value < the world.

Then I used the right click on map feature to target a mob and began casting. WOW I hit him but no aggro!!! His life started ticking away. I'd get an aggro message now and then, but he wouldn't move. I tried this on about 15-20 more mobs to confirm the bug. 100 success rate as long as I stayed more than 150-200 locs BELOW the plane the mobs were on.

A good loc in Vxed to try this with is -200 200 -200. Warp around a little bit to get the feel of the area.

Unfortunately you don't get any xps for the kill :(.

You do however get loot rights. This is very similar to ghost, but doesn't utilize a buttload of warping.

I though of some different possibilities that I quickly went and tried. The results were as follows:

Ikkinz: Diabolic Destroyer Easy kill. Amazing loot. I suggest anyone with the ability to zone into Kod Taz to get this 1 Group mission and farm the crap out of this dude. If you can't zone to Kod Taz please see below (Tipt).

Tipt: Kyv Heartmaster Jyru Perfect kill. Took about 20 minutes to kill him with 4 dots running. No aggro, no summons. No xp, but my bard is now flagged for KT :). Dropped stupid leather bracer.

Vxed: Umbiki Easy kill. Tried something new, warped to him at 0% life. Got hit once, but also got xps :)! Dropped Song: Warmarch of the Mastug and a crappy robe.

Plane of Fire: General Reparm Got aggro. He kept warping down to my location and hitting me, although MUCH MUCH less than if I were standing next to him. Tried different locs. Kept getting aggro. Tested some trash mobs in PoFire with the same results.

|======================== NOTE ========================|
*NOTE* I believe it is due to the way distance effects aggro in PoP.
Further tests have proven that in most Plane of Power zones, this bug
does not work... Don't try it unless you don't mind dying for the cause.
|======================= END NOTE ========================|

The Deep: Though Horror Overfiend Worked like a charm. No aggro, but the Son of a B#&(@ has so much regen I couldn't drop him below 99%. I went afk made a sandwich, came back and he was at 100% again!!! AHHH!

Sanctus Seru: Lord Inquisitor Seru Very difficult to find a spot you can warp to to cast on this guy, but I found it after about 20 mins of frustrated searching. Worked great, no aggro. Proud new owner of Black Ornate Chain Bridle, Yttrium Starred Arms, Bracer, and Sword of Truth (lots of spells too.)

*NOTE* Basically luclin is a difficult place to do this. The mob regen is
just so rediculously high that most people wouldn't be able to drop them
below 99% without SERIOUS effort. I was using a Tacvi bard / ranger for
Seru pushing about 300-400 (estimate) dps on each of them for the
entire time and it still took well over an hour.

RCoD:
No big named up, but the tactic worked wonders on trash mobs. I would warp to them at 0% and get xp. I pulled in an AA in about 40 mins... pretty good for 100% safe killing.

DoN:
I tried this really quickly in the Grimblax mission because it was the only one I could think of with a single boss other than Web of Lies in the nest (but Grimmy's easier). It worked like a charm. His regen was almost non-existant. Hello Grimmy... enter farming :).

*NOTE* You need 4 people to get this mission. I happen to be a 4 boxer
so it works for me... if you happen to know 3 other unscrupulous
characters who don't mind "cheating" then by all means go for it!

I hope this guide helps some of you folks. BTW it works with any casting / ranged class. e.g. I had my ranger helping me with some dps on Seru.

Enjoy,

-TheRabbit

PS. I'm posting in the hopes of access to the EQ2 section.

Thanks for the pimp site Redbot.

Last edited:
Just like to say that this does work. LMAO and I refined it to get the xp for a second character.

I use 2 necros. One stays in the zone and does damage then goes FD. the other goes to the underworld. And casts the mob down just before the mob dies the necro in the underworld zones and the fd necro gets the xp.

Talk about power leveling./....

I dont have a mage so dont know if this would work the mage goes under and coh's everyone to him. Will they be under as well?

This was nerfed you get a message along the lines of you cannot see your target. Has anyone tried looking up an offset for that message?

Bah, stupid Sony... nerfing all of our fun... At least I got most of my characters KT flagged =) If anyone finds any offsets to make this work again or a way to get around it, please let us know

trmptbuddy said:
Bah, stupid Sony... nerfing all of our fun... At least I got most of my characters KT flagged =) If anyone finds any offsets to make this work again or a way to get around it, please let us know
Yea what else is new?? ya sound like this is a new thing, nope I am pretty sure Sony has sucked for years :p

Kill high end Luclin / Gates / OOW mobs w/o Ghosting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back