• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Just a quick thought (1 Viewer)

Jumjum5

RedCents
20¢
You could put something in your macro like an /if statement to equal a tell, then make your macro say something like "kiting atm be with you in a sec" then make it /q like 20secs later. This would help ya if a gm sends a tell while afk macroing so it looks like you was there, but just went ld. Or would going ld look too suspicious?

I think going LD is suspicious when a GM just have tell you 20 seconds before...

It depend when you run the macro, but you can add lot of BEEP if you are at home, that way you come to keyboard and anwser, but if you do AFK while at work, then.. dont know make the macro call you at work or on your cellular, then you log on irc and command your toon from there...

I had a GM freeze me at random and I instacamped out of it, then logged back in and he said "oops, sorry musta booted you to char select there. Here's your item you petitioned about."

I only macro when I am at my other computer, and if I recieve a tell or a GM is in the zone I beep about 20 times, so I look away from the other keyboard and see whats up. I have once recieved a tell form someone about a corpse that was too old to rez. They were not a rez class, and I was there to answer thanks to /beeps.

Most GM's are gonna watch you for a good long time before sending you a tell. By the time they determine you're worthy of /telling, they've pretty well concluded you're cheating. We've all seen bard macros kiting ... you can spot them from a million miles away. Nobody can run perfect circles ... not even autorun foward circling ... those invariably drift.

Yeah, someone was bard kiting in PoV, in my undead camp (damn them) and they had a named on them, but would NOT touch the named, no matter what, so I knew they were kiting. They didn't respond to hails, tells, anything...sooo I KSed them, stole all the mobs on them, wiped them clean out along with the named. Screw up my camping, @&$# ass public kiting bards.

Just a quick thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back