• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Invis to all mobs?? (1 Viewer)

Mustangs

RedCents
Is there a plugin/macro/offset that can be easily used to make yourself invis to all mobs? I want this just to be able to move across a zone or to pick up ground spawn items quickly and easily. Any ideas??

Why would anyone in their right mind use a ghost plugin now? To do so would be asking for banning.

There have been plugins that allow you to travel across zones, called something like nokos or nonkos. I'd suggest looking for those unless you can give a good explanation for warping, and even worse warping like 10k times a day.

darkeros said:
Why would anyone in their right mind use a ghost plugin now? To do so would be asking for banning.

There have been plugins that allow you to travel across zones, called something like nokos or nonkos. I'd suggest looking for those unless you can give a good explanation for warping, and even worse warping like 10k times a day.

Well, sort of. Ghost killing is a very bad idea. Using ghost to traverse zones undetected (the only thing I ever used it for when I played) is entirely safe, as it's a client-side affect only. The nokos plugins, which changed your spawn id to 0, were nerfed some time ago.

Also, I'd like to point out that "hello, we've recorded you warping over 67,863 times since February 7th" is a complete scare tactic (albeit an effective one) to make people believe that they can somehow record something. All that means is that you were either petitioned or simply spotted by the swarm of GMs out looking for people lately.

cronic

So being able to look at logs and note that you went from point a to point b without using any spell is completely impossible is what you're saying?

Forget about making it an automated server check, I mean are you trying to tell me that it's utterly impossible?

I've actually seen some GM chat about this on their message boards and I assure you it's very much possible and there is a tool to count how many times it's being done, but your swift reply will be that it's not automated and you're right. They have to catch you first, after that it's smooth sailing.

So how does ghosting without attacking anything make you less at risk other than the fact that all people will see is you sitting at the zoneline instead of you sitting at the zoneline attacking?

darkeros said:
So being able to look at logs and note that you went from point a to point b without using any spell is completely impossible is what you're saying?

Forget about making it an automated server check, I mean are you trying to tell me that it's utterly impossible?

I've actually seen some GM chat about this on their message boards and I assure you it's very much possible and there is a tool to count how many times it's being done, but your swift reply will be that it's not automated and you're right. They have to catch you first, after that it's smooth sailing.

So how does ghosting without attacking anything make you less at risk other than the fact that all people will see is you sitting at the zoneline instead of you sitting at the zoneline attacking?

No, I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying that in all probability, they aren't done it. The could, maybe, target one player that they've already decided is cheating and set loose some sort of detection mechanism. I won't deny that possibility. However, it's my firm belief that the same rule holds true with warping as it always did: don't get caught and you're safe.

To answer your question, Ghost forces your client to tell the server that you never moved. You're doing nothing illegal, simply sitting still. That's how :)

cronic

Well I tried running with the ghost plugin in the banned section. When I do it says i am now ghosting and yet I am still getting attacked by mobs. Is there another one I'm not seeing? Again, I dont intend to kill any mobs with it...just want to pick up a few ground spawn items easily. Maybe give a link to the one that is working?

To answer your question, Ghost forces your client to tell the server that you never moved. You're doing nothing illegal, simply sitting still. That's how

cronic

So if that's how it works...then how are you able to attack, cast spells, update your location to zone/pick up a ground spawn/loot/etc. and it still think you're sitting at the same spot? It's impossible. You would still have to send the packets to update your location.

I won't pretend to know how your plugin works, but the people I have talked to have said that it warps extremely fast so the server thinks you're still sitting at the point where you turn on ghost. That level of warping is imo what has gotten everyone busted because it creates an overload of packets being sent saying youre here, then there, then here, then there, etc which makes anyone using it extremely catchable if any GM just decided to check a day's logs in random zones over a period of a month to check all zones. I understand there is already tons of spam from moving period...but being able to check locations for each person that entered a zone for an entire day isn't that hard to do.

I just hate the plugin and believe that's what has caused all this attention from soe. It's not the "guns don't kill people, people kill people" thing anymore. It's a wide use of a single plugin imo.

Invis to all mobs??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back