• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tip - Int Casters - Spell Reflection buff - KissAssist (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,666¢
Hello RedGuides

Ive been doing some experiments after discovering the short duration Spell Reflection buffs, for which their description says - "Surrounds your body in a reflective aura, providing a chance for all incoming spells to rebound back against the caster.".

My interest in these were based on fighting druid mobs. As you probably experienced yourself, once aggro they tend to throw spells at you and often its DoTs rather than nukes. This i found to be particular annoying if the DoTs start to overwrite your good buffs. E.g. your high level gifted buffs of HP, mana regen, damage shield and so on.

I havent seen much mention of these spells in the community KA ini. Perhaps there isnt much mileage in using the spells, but I thought to give it a try. I am sharing this here in case anyone else wishes to try it out and see what their experiences are.

What are these spell reflection buffs?
1655039378075.png
( Short list from Allakhazam for reference )

The natural duration of the buff is only 2 ticks and a cool down of 2 minutes.

KissAssist

When it comes to KissAssist, the first place to think of placing buffs is the Buffs section. The buffs are checked out of combat, and if possible to replenish a missing buff it would do. Yet the problem is, as detailed above, the short duration and long cooldown. In addition to this, who is to say the mob next to pull is going to be a druid, if there are a mix of other classes as well?

To this end, I solved it by placing the cast in the DPS section instead of Bufffs section. This is also given a condition directive as well.

e.g.
1655040641650.png 1655040592060.png

In my tests I was pulling with an Int caster. When he is back at the camp waiting for the mob to arrive, he would put up the "Mirror" spell, only if the mob was of druid class.

Further Considerations

Some further tinkering with the condition could be possible. E.g. only if the mob is aggro, to avoid casting if happen to target a druid PC or neutral NPC perhaps. ive previously used this in some conditions for that purpose: ${Target.Aggressive}

I recall the same annoyance when playing the Gribble HA, there were some Necromancer mobs as well that trased good buffs. It may be making it put up the reflection if its either Druid or Necromancer.

Regards and Best Wishes

Tip - Int Casters - Spell Reflection buff - KissAssist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back