• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - If you can't take the heat... (1 Viewer)

Marbury

RedCents
121¢
Then get out of the kitchen!

I saw a few trade skill posts for EverQuest, and I have a whole slew of them. I thought I would toss down my baking setup that I ran to get mine up.

Things to grab from around the place before hand,

Spit (It's going to be useful in PoK, you can pick this up at a Baking vendor for under a plat.)
Non-stick Frying Pan (Smithing makes this, can usually /ooc or pick one up in 'zaar)

Later on, you're going to need, so get these and put them in the bank;

Fishing Pole Fishing pond, get one while you're doing Fish Rolls in PoK.
Fishing Grubs Fishing pond in PoK
Tacklebox Fishing pond in PoK
Filleting Knife (Created with smithing, trivial 76)
A foraging dummy(possibly one who fishes at the same time) (You can make one!)

Fish Rules! err... Rolls
Start out in the Plane of Knowledge and get ready to bake. This is one of the easiest skill up guides for baking. There's two vendors you need to visit for the first set of skill-ups and they happen to both be located in the Plane of Knowledge.

Darius Gandril sells batwings(2g stack), he is by the fish pond near the location 56, 1527, -124
Ramos Jerwan sells fresh fish(5g stack), he is also near the fish pond, and happens to be around the location of -18, 1436, -124

Use this up until 135, and you can either bank them to eat later, or just destroy them. They aren't worth selling and I didn't find them to be useful to eat.

Patty Melts, anyone?

Next we travel inside the Guild Lobby, (Holy Batman, it's right there!) and head to the Magus to have her send us off to the Abysmal Sea. The next one will also require... What, two vendors again?!?!

Dray Cuves sells Cheese and Bread near -156, 180, 114
Tylida Eraldi happens to sell Lion Meat in the area of -97, 193, 114

This will elevate your skill level up to 191, fairly cheap. These are useful to keep around cause they're not your "snack size," but Banquet sized meals, that will keep you kicking for time to come.

Catfish? Getting tougher...

At this point the baking becomes tougher, but I found that the easiest components to get and yes it will take some time, but it will get you all the way up to 282 at hardly any cost, except AFK time. :D

Cave Catfish Sandwiches have some sub components and require some fishing and foraging to get. After picking up your Tacklebox, Fishing Pole, and Fishing grubs, go to Corathus Creep and setup your fishing macro, have it keep only; Cave Catfish, Mossmatt, and Fungus-covered Plecostomus.

Put the catfish(at least two bags), and mossmatt(I would recommend at least 4 bags of it) into your bank, but now you need to work on your Fungus-covered Plecostomus, you need to put it into your Tacklebox, with the filleting knife to create your Fish Fungus. (Trivial at 68 fishing) Get a backpack or two of each of these in your bank and save them.

Now that you have your Fish Fungus, let's head to Abysmal Sea, and grab some Rock Salt and Ground Pepper, those are both found on;

Phranz Tyudin around -88, 218, 114

Combine: Fish Fungus, Ground Pepper, Mossmatt(2), Rock Salt in a spit to create Mossmatt Spices, which are used in the final combine of the recipe.

Next you need to head back to Corathus Creep and forage Trollhair Moss, get at least double(double of your fish/mossmatt spice) of these in the bank and save them. Now you need to head to the bank and get our your stored items;

Cave Catfish
Mossmatt Spices
Trollhair Moss

Next you're going to need a bag of bread, you can get this off of the Baking Supplies vendor in PoK, he is at the end of the building near the Tinkering house, and he happens to be an Erudite.

Combine these four items to create your Cave Catfish Sandwich, at low cost, and it will rocket you to 282 trivial skill. From there it's yours to do what you want. Alot of people go the Misty Thicket Picnic route, but I find it to be a little hectic, this seems easier to me.

Any feedback is appreciated.

I didn't know about the catfish. I like the method, although that is a lot of AFK time. (And good to know I can take Trollhair Moss off my destroy list heh.)

With MTP trivial nerfed, I wonder what the best combines are to finish baking off these days. (I fortunately have 300 baking from when MTPs were still in style.) But this was before the trophies so I need to figure out the items needed for that roadblock still.

I know I used jord meat pies to get to 282. The meat is any easy farm in bot, any only other thing is some type of egg to make clump of dough, and a pie tin that can be vender bought.

The reason I did the catfish was simply because I could do most of it low risk AFK with simple key push macros. I'll see if I can whip up a macro for the catfish to maybe add in some moveutil to it and have it all automate.

Hero Sandwiches are easy to farm and can take you to 295.

With the MTP nerf, only a handful of combines are even over 300 skill.

To GM baking, I'd probably go with the Omelet Supreme, it has all vendor bought items except egg batter (made from any kind of eggs), and two foraged items in DoN.

Farming versus AFK stuff, you can do the Catfish overnight, almost all of it, minus the tradeskilling. With little to no risk.

i AM DEFINITLY GOING TO TRY THESE, i HAVE A FORAGER GOING 24-7 MOSTLY IN dl FOR LILLIES OR lOPING PLAINS FOR RANTHOK ROOTS FOR RANTHOK NOSTRUM.

Is it possible to run fishing macro and autoforage at the same time in corathus?

Yeah, they'll stack, that's not a problem. I was just worried about bags filling up too quickly. They probably won't but I just thought that.

Bump, how dol make it destroy stuff when u are fiching? I treid doing it like when u are foraging but it kept the stuff i wanted destroyed?

Auto destroy isn't all that smart of an idea so most macro makers don't include it without a lot of safety checks, such as "Is this their Epic 2.0!?!"

You would basically setup your macro to check fro ${Cursor.ID} and if it matches the destroy list, destroy it, otherwise bag it.

INI:
/for x 1 to ${DestroyArrayMax}
     if (${Cursor.Equal[${DestroyArray[${x}]}]}) /destroy
/next x
/autoinv

Something like that.

Strategy - If you can't take the heat...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back