• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

HUD questions (1 Viewer)

cheeky monkey

RedCents
Two questions for the masters here...
First, Is there a way to pull faction info for a target and add it to a HUD?
Either a number or a variable would be nice. (not sure if this is Client side or not)

Second, is there subtext for HUD info that can list total damage done on last mob engaged? (Melee and or Spell.)

Thanks in advance for your time,
Cheeky

First, Is there a way to pull faction info for a target and add it to a HUD?
Either a number or a variable would be nice. (not sure if this is Client side or not)

Not client side, unfortunately.

As for the second...I don't think so. Not as a part of straight MQ2Data. You could conceivably look into manipulating the data that Krust.mac collects and have it save the total damage a person does, then instead of divide it by time to get DPS, have it added to the other various DPS's, then make that into a variable to be displayed in your hud.

thez said:
You could conceivably look into manipulating the data that Krust.mac collects and have it save the total damage a person does, then instead of divide it by time to get DPS, have it added to the other various DPS's, then make that into a variable to be displayed in your hud.

After a Kill which gains you EXP, Krust Outputs the total dmg done

Rich (BB code):
/echo - Dealt ${totDmg} damage over ${gimp_dps_fight_time}s in ${gimp_dps_hits} hits (${gimp_dps_current_dps} DPS, ${gimp_dps_hits_per_sec} hits per sec)

So you could declair another variable like mcHUDtotDmg like so

Rich (BB code):
/declare mcHUDtotDmg   int   out   0

then immediatly following the dmg output echo put this line

Rich (BB code):
/varset mcHUDtotDmg ${totDmg}

Now in your hud put an entry like this:

Rich (BB code):
//Total Dmg (Last Mob)
DmgText=3,5,245,255,234,8,Total Dmg 
Dmg=3,120,245,255,234,8,${mcHUDtotDmg}

This should work. This is NOT TESTED, so don't quote me, I did this on the fly while writing the post. But it Gave me an idea to add to the krust data window too. hope this works for ya.

I would suggest something like this:

Rich (BB code):
DmgText=3,5,245,255,234,8,Total Dmg: ${If[${Defined[${totDmg}],${totDmg},]}

The reason is that a) you had two lines with the exact same color, line location, etc, except for move left for the total damage. Why not consolidate? b) There's no point in defining ${totDmg}== a new variable when you can just use ${totDmg} as long as Krust is running.

HUD questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back