• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

How to add a complex camp check to a macro? (1 Viewer)

moorthon

RedCents
In Target.mac I would like to add an event for when people Camp Check and such. I have it written out.

Rich (BB code):
#Event ccheck "#*#camp check#*#

sub event_ccheck
 /delay 45
 /ooc <Camp I am at>
 /return

Ok, now I would like to make it so that, instead of the same /ooc <camp> I can do 1 of 3 different announces. Like so...

Rich (BB code):
#Event ccheck "#*#camp check#*#"

sub event_ccheck
 /delay 45
 /RandomEvent(3) {choice 1}.{choice 2}.{choice 3}
 /return

I know this is completely wrong, but I don't want it to reply the same thing every time. Also, if possible, could there be a check so that, if someone spams Camp Check, it wont spam back.

ya know, I have no idea how to do it sorry LOL, but that is a great idea. I get sick of ooc my camp a million times a night and that would do it for me. Problem is though, how will you get it to say the right camp you are at? I have no idea what i am talking about and sorry I have a perkaset kicking in right about now, but could it be .INI supported off of current zone and /loc radius? You'd just have to edit the .ini with the camp names for each zone maybe.

shadowman33 said:
ya know, I have no idea how to do it sorry LOL, but that is a great idea. I get sick of ooc my camp a million times a night and that would do it for me. Problem is though, how will you get it to say the right camp you are at? I have no idea what i am talking about and sorry I have a perkaset kicking in right about now, but could it be .INI supported off of current zone and /loc radius? You'd just have to edit the .ini with the camp names for each zone maybe.

You just edit the .macro file to what camp you're at, is all.

true but then you have to edit that file every time you changes zones or camps. I was talking about something that would do it for you automatically based off your current zone location.

The only thing i can think of would be to make several different macros naming them all the camp you are at because I dont see you being able to to make a goto statement that will key off something for a particular camp (then just load that macro when you switch camps, /macro Odi wouldnt be to hard to do. Now you could make different events for when you zone have a you have entered Muramite Proving Grounds event. But the only way I could see you doing a certain camp is making and event you have slain "soandso mob". But I suck at coding so not sure.

Ok people, I don't want it to KNOW what camp I am at by what zone or location I am at. This topic has taken a right-turn at the wrong intersection. I am looking for an answer to my original post.

How to add a complex camp check to a macro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back