• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Hmmm... can't select the difficult setting for DoD missions? (1 Viewer)

Gnome

RedCents
11¢
I've been working my tail off to complete these DoD mission arcs done, and aside from the few bottlenecks (read: 68.3 lol) its going pretty smooth I think. Question is, why won't it allow me to select the hard versions of the missions? I've completed the whole 70 arc on normal, and wanted to try 70.5 hard for the chain pants... and it won't allow me to select it. My friend thinks I need to now do -all- the 70's on hard from the 70.1 on to unlock the hard setting on 70.5...!!! Is this true or am I doing something wrong? I guess I wouldn't mind doing 70.1-4 on hard again to unlock 70.5, but seems like a waste of time... time that could be spent failing more 68.3s Lol.

If you dont use the Mq2tdon you can only get hard missions of those in front of the arc you completed. So If you have done not done 70.1 on hard then you cant get the rest (with out using the plugin). If you have done 70.1 hard, 70.3 hard, 70.4 hard, 70.5 hard before, but never done 70.2 on hard and won then you can only get 70.1 and 70.2 on hard.

70.2 Hard I think is the hardest of the hards in the 70 Hard arc. Those darn Prattorean guards you have to kill HURT... I was stuck fighting them most of the time with Defensive with a group of a 70 cleric and a 70 shaman in group for heals.

you can only get hard missions of those in front of the arc you completed.

This isn't true. For some reason the 70s missions are broken. Once you do a mission on normal you can then do its hard version If it has one. The 68 spell arc has no hard/normal setting. I've done every mission on normal/hard and at the moment I can't request some of the 70 hard missions either.

Ok, that clears it up a bit, thanks for the input guys. All my toons are lvl 70 so that wasn't the issue. I'll tinker with it a bit and try and get the 70.5 hard.

Also, we tried the 70.1 hard so we could unlock the other hard missions and it was a true nightmare. So many roamers up top, and that dang pit in the middle-bottom of the ramp. Took us a few wipes to get the system down, and after we cleared a couple mobs we started breathing a little easier... and then on the 6th pull our necro had the wrong mob targetted (he was /assisting our rogue that was ahead picking targets, and not /assisting our tank), so when we engaged that 6th mob his /assisting send his pet off into the zone after a different mob (yay /LFG tool). What was funny is at first I thought we were going to be ok because this particular necro liked to use his Army of the Dead AAs without telling us, so I -assumed- at first that the 30 mobs showing up had something to do with his adding alittle DPS...

The resulting train was incredible... it was like we were killing this mob perfectly fine, I blinked and then we were all naked in PoK. So if I can bypass 70.1-70.4 hards it will solve a lot of headaches heh.

Hmmm... can't select the difficult setting for DoD missions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back