• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Hill Giants in Rathe Mtns Nerfed (1 Viewer)

Hybiscus

RedCents
Went out last night to Rathe Mountians to farm some quick plat with my bard. I found that all my songs were resisted as long as I wasn't in Melee range of the Hill Giants. When I was withing 30 feet and getting hit all my songs landed. I will be going out this morning to see if my druid can land spells without being in melee range.

They changed Hill Giants to be belly casters for nukes. Snares and Dots still seem to work but you gotta be on them for nuking.

Yeah but that just affects casting range... He's saying spells are *resisted* outside of a certain range. That's not cool at all...

-CodeCaster

that's the definition of belly caster. Your spell is resisted if you're not in melee range.

Definition of belly caster is the location of the "center mass" is in the belly rather than the hands or the head. Dragons are infamous for this, as you can even see the spell casting effects spewing from the middle of their spine as opposed to their mouth or front legs as one would think would be the origin of magical effects.

Hence, you have to be closer to the mob than would at first be apparent in order to be in range for spells to land, because you are actually casting on the mob's "belly" instead of the portion of their body which is closest to you, and for a large mob like a dragon or a HG, that can be quite some distance. :)

-CodeCaster

This is going to be unerfed see here. http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=testing&message.id=6464#M6464

"We've fixed a number of raid bugs related to groups getting bugged. There are sure a lot of ways things can go wrong when you combine a world server, a random number of zone servers, and even more clients that all have to be synchronized when so much of the state information is moving around on the internets. Anyways, all raid group bugs that I'm aware of at this point are fixed. No more bugged raids & groups related to raids. Cross your fingers, and if you see any more problems with players getting group-bugged or otherwise messed up from interacting with raids please let us know - with as many detailed steps as possible to reproduce the bug.

***The giants in Rathe mountains should also be responding to spells like they were before. Some old code related to fire giants sort of snuck into the zone when the frogloks took over, but they have since been restored to their previous behavior. And the Rathe Mountain Farmers Union cheered!***

A bunch of other stuff has been fixed by the designers too but I don't have those details, sorry.

I just finished updating Test with these changes, so please go check them out. Thanks-

Cheers!

---------------------------

Eric Cosky - "Grumbuk"

Assistant Lead Programmer, EverQuest

Sony Online Entertainment"

Hill Giants in Rathe Mtns Nerfed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back