• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Ground spawns (1 Viewer)

sab0t8ge

RedCents
How would one go about making a simple macro to loot ground spawn whenever it pops? Maybe have a way to define range so it wouldnt take anything beside from that distance?

Maybe add a function so that when it gets the desired item it gates/camp too

I'm also looking for a macro like this. I didn't find anything which is weird being that there was a huge amount of interest in ganking spawns in the housing zone during the anniversary. I had a hotkey made /itemtar /pause 1 /gank /pause 1 /autoinv. I'd like to find something that will just do that for me while I'm afk. (sleeping) Brells, corn roses etc. well for the future I guess since I already sat there all day farming those and am at 300 baking/brewing now. I am interested still for the new expansion and whatever farming may need to be done. I am farming a sh-tload of branches for fletching atm. and some of them are ground spawns so foraging doesn't get the whole job done.

It just sucks to babysit my farm bots all day making sure I gank the ground spawns. I am in a guild that farms t4 and I can't just step away for even 5 minutes to gank stuff. (I sort of do though and sometimes I end up fubaring tanks which isn't fair to them) I also have issues with the foragedestroy mac, it seems to like to keep certain foraged items no matter if I have them on the list for destruction, I checked the spelling yes... If you need me to post anything or have questions let me know.

I also searched for an AFK spawn checker type mac but can't find anything. Maybe a HuD that would make noise,, I'm still really new to MQ so let me know what would work. I'd be tickled pink if I could get something simple or complex but simple works too. Something that can check for a few named in a zone by using /tar xxx mob named and if it's up /beep or make some kind of mp3 sound, not sure what but as long as it makes noise to wake me up/alert me from my tabbed out goings on. I just don't like parking a separate toon at each area. If I can leave one toon in a zone and just let him alert me of spawns..

I was thinking it would be great if there was an afk /ghost on, /warp t, /back up /ghost off /attack etc. macro but that would be amazingly complicated and I know you guys look down on afk kill/hunter stuff. So a spawn checker is more of what I think is possible here.

Thanks for any input/macros you can respond with. I should really go to bed, it's 6:30am here. lol. Have fun out there in MQ land.

Rich (BB code):
Sub main

:mainLoop
          /itemtarget
          /delay 1s
		  /if (${ItemTarget.Race.ID}>4) {
          /gank
          /delay 2s 
               /autoinventory
               /delay 1s
			   }
         /delay 1s