• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

gonna be awhile for mq (1 Viewer)

maddog

RedCents
"The way the EQ client handles spawns has changed dramatically. Don't expect working MQ2 for days, minimum I'd say. "

I would guess they are tryin their best to not ban many more and lose money/income but are just tryin to make EQ unMQ'able... but nothing stays bullet proof long.. heh... it will always be hacked eventually...

It's not even a question, it will be hacked, and it won't take long but this is an inconvenience :)

aye, pain in the ass SOE, how can i mess with my macros if i cant test them! make us our own damn server :p

Main

All EverQuest servers will be coming down at 4:00 AM PST (-8 UTC) on Thursday 12/08/2005 for an update. Estimated downtime is 3 hours.

The EverQuest Operations Team

TeachersPet said:
Lax is a genius, I can't say it enough.

well, not just lax, but yes, lax is obviously very gifted. it is DKAA who will be unraveling the mystery of the missing spawn list, structs and the rest of the changes. All said, I think the number of amazingly intelligent people who DON'T work for SOE out numbers the few intelligent people who do work for SOE. They don't stand a chance, really. MQ will be up and running again. ;)

very true. i wonder how many times sony has tried to hire some of these peeps to help "fight" hacking lol

cronic is some 17 year old kid or maybe he is 19 now that made alot of money but did not live up to his word about keeping updates going for his customers. As far as sony goes trying to stop hacking good luck lol I remember in november when they tried to fix ghost killing with rangers and arrows took all of 5 mins to find new packets and code and redo it.

Sony said:
Server Status

All servers are up except:
Antonius Bayle
Erollisi Marr
Cazic Thule
The Rathe
Tunare
Quellious
Xegony
Prexus
Bertoxxulous
Zek
The Nameless
The Seventh Hammer
Saryrn
Firiona Vie
Maelin Starpyre
Stromm
Luclin
Druzzil Ro
Fennin Ro
Povar
Stormhammer

Scheduled Downtime

Scheduled EverQuest Server Maintenance 12/09/2005 4:00am
Main

All EverQuest servers will be coming down at 4:00 AM PST (-8 UTC) on Friday 12/09/2005 for an update. Estimated downtime is 3 hours.

The EverQuest Operations Team
Here we go again...

there's no new .exe so w/e work DKAA has done on MQ, he hasnt lost it. only new .exe's screw it up.

Hopefully they changed the issue some of us were having with colors in game. Many items seemed to have "psychedlic" colors. A few examples are Dragon Killer, Skull of Vishimtar, and Clawhammer. A lot of us who were having that problem last night are users of ATI video cards. Maybe DX9.dll got updated and it has a bug that causes these errors. I know that SOE is really bad with ATI cards (think of all the VPU recovery errors that many ATI users have been having with EQ2).

moonspell: last nights patch was serverside, no new files was updated (no new dx9.dll), also im using ati 9800 myself and have not seen this graphic problem you mention. are you using 5.12 drivers (latest, they work fine for me)? to be honest you should probably go post about it on soe forums maybe some devs will notice :)

as of last night

i have extreme artifacting playing EQ

6800 GT - runs call of duty 2 - highest settings - no issues

turned down settings, downclocked card, opened the window (wisconsin so 5-10 degrees out), and still artifacts like hell

Moonspell said:
Hopefully they changed the issue some of us were having with colors in game. Many items seemed to have "psychedlic" colors. A few examples are Dragon Killer, Skull of Vishimtar, and Clawhammer. A lot of us who were having that problem last night are users of ATI video cards. Maybe DX9.dll got updated and it has a bug that causes these errors. I know that SOE is really bad with ATI cards (think of all the VPU recovery errors that many ATI users have been having with EQ2).

Yeah, something has ben messed up for sure. I use an NVidia card and sometimes my horse blanks out to all white...like pure white...no graphic. Alot of mobs are 1/3 pure black now and I've noticed that shading and lighting has changed alot for me...mostly darker. =\

Kraze

Kraze said:
Yeah, something has ben messed up for sure. I use an NVidia card and sometimes my horse blanks out to all white...like pure white...no graphic. Alot of mobs are 1/3 pure black now and I've noticed that shading and lighting has changed alot for me...mostly darker. =\

Kraze

Need to clear out your cache, that should fix it.

I am running the new 5.12 graphics drivers. I'll go post something on the EQLive boards and see if anyone takes notice to it. A lot of us in Ventrilo were having the same problem.

On that note, wouldn't it be interesting to have a Redguides.com Ventrilo server? I currently have one that gets pretty minimal use since most of us who were around have switched guilds in EQ since I bought it. Would any of you be interested in my putting the info on these boards for us to use it? I think it'd be fun chatting with ss44, Cade, Soultaker, etc!

ss44 said:
there's no new .exe so w/e work DKAA has done on MQ, he hasnt lost it. only new .exe's screw it up.

Even if it's a new exe, unless the structs are changed, it's all fine. They have automated programs for finding all of the usual offsets. Usually after a new patch the structs don't drastically change from the first version afaik.

P.S. I'm all in for a RedGuides TeamSpeak (I'm already on a Ventrilo server actively)

P.P.S. I hate retards.

Got another neg redcent for this too. It's a shame they're not including the names of who put the redcent in the post for you so you know who NOT to help in the future.

TeachersPet said:
I remember someone saying cronic was hired by sony to help fix hacking. It was on this board, does anyone remember who they were?

Found it!
http://www.redguides.com/community/showpost.php?p=50577&postcount=4

gg randomguy.

i was just talking about how new .exe's cause MQ not to work. because to my knowledge everytime a new .exe is released, MQ has to be reupdated. but i could be wrong.

and that is bullshit that you keep getting negative redcents for no reason. you will be getting another from me for it. i gave you one last time you got a negative one for another post. wtf are people thinking? when they take a red cent do they get it?

Moonspell said:
I am running the new 5.12 graphics drivers. I'll go post something on the EQLive boards and see if anyone takes notice to it. A lot of us in Ventrilo were having the same problem.

On that note, wouldn't it be interesting to have a Redguides.com Ventrilo server? I currently have one that gets pretty minimal use since most of us who were around have switched guilds in EQ since I bought it. Would any of you be interested in my putting the info on these boards for us to use it? I think it'd be fun chatting with ss44, Cade, Soultaker, etc!
I would need a microphone for it lol. but i would be willing to join since u can still type i think.

ss44 said:
i was just talking about how new .exe's cause MQ not to work. because to my knowledge everytime a new .exe is released, MQ has to be reupdated. but i could be wrong.
They do have to update it could be as easy as running a program to update offsets.

Just a heads up... My compile is in progress, but it's going to be a few hours as I have to make a lot of changes to every single plugin... Or more accurately, the same change 500 times to each plugin. Wish find/replace would work for this but there are too many variations to get them all *sigh*

Will be up soon though. I'm not leaving the house until this compile is ready to roll. :D

-CodeCaster

codecaster said:
Just a heads up... My compile is in progress, but it's going to be a few hours as I have to make a lot of changes to every single plugin... Or more accurately, the same change 500 times to each plugin. Wish find/replace would work for this but there are too many variations to get them all *sigh*

Will be up soon though. I'm not leaving the house until this compile is ready to roll. :D

-CodeCaster

I MUST know what this is, I recompiled all my plugins and MOST of them didn't even need changes and it took 5 minutes to fix the ones that did. Which plugins require 500 changes?

It's just the pActorInfo change. There are a few subs that are actually set to return the PACTORINFO datatype, and half a billion calls to pActorInfo as well as var definitions. Not much technical stuff to change because of this. It's just finding the places that need to be edited and removing all the old redundant references that ask for both pSpawn and pSpawn->pActorInfo at the same time and whatnot.

It actually wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Only took about 20 minutes to fix it all. Now I'm just tracking down the authors of all the plugins to add their names to my documentation. Should be ready in about an hour or so.

-CodeCaster

gonna be awhile for mq

Users who are viewing this thread

Back