• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

GMs cloaking invisible to MQ/SEQ? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dantes

RedCents
Hey guys

Something I noticed since the last patch is that the GMs seem to be able to hide themselves not only from the EQ client but also from the MQ2 /who and mapping screen. In fact on the tribunal yesterday there was an invisible GM to all forms of detectiong chatting with us in say - moving corpses around and interacting like a normal GM would.

Before the last patch or if the GM is being lazy they are only hidden from the EQ client. You could see them on the MQ2 map or in the MQ2 /who - but they definitely can turn that off.

So a word of warning for you servers with heavy GM populations.. You may want to tone it down. We have seen them posing as players with no GM flag, and now completely invis from all our detection.

heh I feel bad for you guys on legends with the 200 GMs

Agreed GM's always could but one thing is for sure most of the time they are not allowed too.

Even with the petitioning guides and lower forms of GM usally have to stay visable within reason.

Hell if they really wanted to spy on you they could hop on a mob they can do it lol.

But yea they always could I think this more powerful invis though is no doubt only left to head GM's and Senior GM's if not just to Senior's alone cause they proabbly wouldnt give this to somone not directly employed (aka guides not employes not on the pay roll cant make it anymore clear lol) in there services.

Well I might be wrong I might be right I dont know point being is its a risk evreytime you use speed hacks or teleporting in public but what the hell if we didn't like the risk just a little we wouldnt have made and produced and handed out the hacks and used em ourselfs.

I have used MQ2 effectively on Stormhammer. However, instanced zones r the rule when AFK macroing. Other then that, I never AFK macro (I always observe and do something else on another computer, etc).

The most hairy incident I had with MQ2 was when I chant kiting and had a GM pop up on me to give me milk and cookies. I hit the /unload hotkey and ran off a cliff (died from 20k damage).

Other then that, I run MQ2 all the time (mostly for the map, which rocks). I even saved a raid one time with it when the raid got split up and one group came upon a boss.

I posted a guide on how to avoid detection with MQ2. Other then through direct observation (or u not responding to tells), I'm pretty sure the only way they can tell u r using is parsing ur command log from the server end. MQ has some tell tail signs that can be picked up.

Other then that, its operations as normal. Be smart...

Instanced zones are the key ... from experience ... Guides run a huge risk popping into instanced zones, the way that the system is designed a guide entering into an intanced zone will easily crash it and piss off everyone in the zone.

I've noticed on two occasions when a mob spawned at 0% health and stayed there. Targetable, but couldn't be damaged. Both times I bailed out. The mobs did not appear on the map, which to me meant it was a wacked out bug or a GM checking me out. When it happened a second time it narrowed it down in my mind.

GMs cloaking invisible to MQ/SEQ?
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back