• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Ghost (1 Viewer)

jmustful

banned
BANNED
RedCents
Anyone have a working copy of Ghost with Combat. Saw someone using in zone yesterday and would like to get mine working fully again.

Well nerfed by creator due to the idiots abusing it or nerfed by SOE and non-repairable are two different things.

I know it works I just busted someone using it.

Hey I'm just looking for help. I promise you only people that do this or any other macro/plugin without thinking WILL get banned.

You can't get banned for using macro but you can be banned for misusing it.

Ghost is nerfed. The server rejects location updates that are out of bounds and Z mod locations are now limited by the zone architecture. The way melee worked before the nerf was that that client could send the server a location update that would cause the server to miscalculate the character location. The character could hit anything in the zone from anywhere. The server location and distance calululations have changed.

If you are telling us that you saw someone ghosting a melee attack... and it therefor must be possable, then I would say that the method must be a closely guarded secret and no one here will know how that is being done.

-j

Ghosting with ranged attacks still works aswell as bardsongs. It's the melee and casting that I thought were nerfed. However there are ways around the new Z code that they added so it maybe possible.

Tone said:
Ghosting with ranged attacks still works aswell as bardsongs. It's the melee and casting that I thought were nerfed. However there are ways around the new Z code that they added so it maybe possible.

Yep... I have an idea about Z that might work. The one thing that we will have to deal with is that mobs are able to hit you even if you are well above them on the Z axis. The trick to that might be to simply send location updates fast.

Ghost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back