• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Fresh 106 Warrior Gear Guide (1 Viewer)

sirkenshin

RedCents
494¢
I currently box a war/clr/enc/mag/wiz/wiz. All of them are 106, all access members and all expansions. I’m trying to gear my 106 warrior beyond the combination of CotF and TBM group gear. On Bertoxx a couple pieces of non visible Conflagrant gear are 25-30k each while most of them are 150k+ or missing. I’m a fresh new toon and broke from purchasing spells. What do you think is the quickest way to get better gear? Farm for plat in HoT until I can afford Conflagrant armor? Fight easier named in EoK zones?

Thank you for any guidance.

When I came back in February, my dudes were EoK t1/t2 geared, and I started in RoS, camping nameds in Overthere - quickly i realized that getting the non-conflag gear was gonna cost me a fortune, because of the crafting components for the dropped armor.

I ended up going to Stratos once my dudes were like 108/109 and slowly killin named there - was a rough start, sometimes i could drop my 6th toon and pop a clr merc to help.

Conflag is nice - but being broke it won't help you

If you mention your server someone might offer to help craft you stuff for cost and some change
Edit - I see you are on Bert

Last edited:
I work all day today, but I might have a set of war conflag or the ores for it I'll have a look.

For pp/spells the past few expansion they really suck the bank dry... Try and buy what you use/need only while camping gear you can get rank 2s....and the difference between the rank 1 and 2 is negligible to stress over upgrading a spell vs getting a spell you would optionally use at times

For the war, if you have no augs and it was a heroic one.... The augs from heroic tasks in ferrott are a great quick solution for empty slots for 30ac a piece

@Rooster @Sicprofundus Thanks for some tips. I'll look at an AC aug guide to try and bridge the gap until I can save a bit of plat and ask Bertoxx for help. I'm already 107 thanks to Gribble runs and daily tasks so it won't be long before I can try named in new areas. Stratos sounds tough being a Burning Land expansion zone.

Step 1: Hunt named in Frontier Mountains, Lceanium and Scorched Woods. Gear your tank first. You can also branch out to EoK T2 zones like Chardok and Kor-Sha Labs (tunnels area). Get to level 110 on all your guys and a decent amount of AAs. Research which named drop augs and try to get as many as you can, but don't get bogged down chasing augs. You get way more bang for your buck upgrading actual items.

Step 2: Once you feel relatively good about your setup, go to Gnome Memorial Mountain and farm the heroic adventures (super easy) and the group mission (slightly more challenging). These are both on a 3 hour lockout. There are 2 HAs, but they share a lockout so you can't do them back to back. Plan accordingly. Upgrade all your non-vis slots in GMM. These are currently the BiS group gear, but only non-vis items drop in here. If you are really lacking on the visibles side, consider purchasing a krono for $$$ and selling it in-game for plat. Use the plat to purchase conflagrant visibles. With GMM non-vis and conflagrant vis, you're ready to head into TBL content.

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit!

Thank you for your tips. I’m now 110 and almost have all GMM drops from The Darkness Howls and visible EoK gear. I can’t do other adventures in GMM. What’s Cooking quest has a charmer outside dining area that mezzes my tank and 1 shots my group. Too many adds while trying to clear in dining area. I think next steps is EoK progression and try and see if I can do a named in RoS areas.

Thank you for your tips. I’m now 110 and almost have all GMM drops from The Darkness Howls and visible EoK gear. I can’t do other adventures in GMM. What’s Cooking quest has a charmer outside dining area that mezzes my tank and 1 shots my group. Too many adds while trying to clear in dining area. I think next steps is EoK progression and try and see if I can do a named in RoS areas.

It's weird that there is a charmer causing you a problem. To do that one on the weekend I set up in the rocky tunnel just outside the door to the dining area and went by the tactic on alla's where everyone goes in, grabs a couple cookies, then my puller (bard) clicks the cookie and tags the chef back to the tunnel. No need to even look at the other mobs.

That being said, ironing out the legion was a bit of a learning curve. cost me about 10 wipes before I figured it all out, because I'm pretty slow. Even then, it can be screwy, with the ancient security guys randomly spawning 3 of them pretty much screwing things up since I suck at 6 boxing. Also the furnace room being quite screwy, with the timer sometimes starting way before anyone goes in there. But it's almost as quick to do as darkness howls, and if you do a lesson burn in darkness howls (starting the lesson as you engage the orcs in the southern canyon area), finish it, then jump straight into ironing out the legion, you can usually clear the same orcs again in the new task before lesson runs out, then go and do the actual mission for the exp and loot.

@watisthis Yes I also tried to pull to the rocky tunnel and thought to get rid of 1 charmer to avoid an add to the pull. Little did I know that it would mez my tank and 1 shot my group each time lol. Maybe I should try a different room to pull to.

Question - Fresh 106 Warrior Gear Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back