• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

For us highend raiders... (1 Viewer)

seek&destroy

RedCents
This maybe isn't in the right area, but thought i'd toss up a question.

Since I normally bot a character, it leaves me prone to.. well, it dying in encounters like Rikki, and Foresight, and anything else that requires immediate response, of any sort.

I have audio triggers set up, but sometimes shit just happens, and I can't fix it fast enough, and I lose a character - which is fatal for me, I need both characters alive, they're ying and yang.

What i'm shootin for, is automated avoidance macros. I have one for OMM, but... well, we're not that far up.

I was wondering if anyone had, or was bored enough to do (and subsequently get a ton of my red cents) a macro for perhaps Rikki or Foresight.. If the Rikki macro could even include things mentioning to NOT CAST to a channel or in /g, because of the reflect.. that'd even be better. I'm still gonna be playing my 2nd toon, but i just want something that'll manage things like turning away, alerting me or my grp that she's reflective, and making sure i'm in in a certain spot at all times.

Hell, if it could remind me via telsl or in /g or channel about when she shifts, that'd rock too.

What do you guys think? Like I said, I don't wanna automate the toon, I love playing my characters, I only use MQ2 for targetting for healing , /sumc because wasting time trying to find corpses is lame, and the occasional warp. Hehe, I do sabo legit with cleric, DA DB BDA and DI/elixir ... so I'm not one to turn to macros often anymore... but well, this is just a bit too much for me!

I will see if i can work something up for rikku for ya, the main problem with trying to automate tasks for this is depending on how good your tank is the mob may be moving around a bit too much for it to auto position you and still be a use (with casting spells and such), now could a macro be setup to announce the certain positions you should be in / move to - quite easily (see below) ... I'll work on positioning next time i get a chance to in game.

Rich (BB code):
|Rikkukin Auto Announcer
|by z166204

#event MoveRight "#*#Rikkukin pulls his left arm back, preparing to cut a swathe through his opponents with razor sharp claws#*#"
#event MoveLeft "#*#Rikkukin pulls his right arm back, preparing to cut a swathe through his opponents with razor sharp claws#*#"
#event Immune "#*#Rikkukin's skin seals over with a caustic sheet of malleable ice#*#"
#event MoveFront "#*#Rikkukin twirls his tail, preparing to swat away those foolish enough to take up position behind him#*#"
#event MoveBack "#*#Rikkukin rears back and fills his lungs, preparing to exhale a cone of ice#*#"
#event Lookaway "#*#Rikkukin twists his body so that the ambient light starts to reflect from his silvery scales.#*#"

sub main
:mainloop
	/doevents
	/delay 1s
/goto :mainloop
/return

sub Event_MoveRight
	/g -= MOVE TO RIKKUKIN's RIGHT SIDE =-
/return

sub Event_MoveLeft
	/g -= MOVE TO RIKKUKIN's LEFT SIDE =-
/return

sub Event_MoveFront
	/g -= MOVE TO RIKKUKIN's FRONT SIDE =-
/return

sub Event_MoveBack
	/g -= MOVE TO RIKKUKIN's BACK SIDE =-
/return

sub Event_Immune
	/g -= HOLD SPELLS - RIKKUKIN IS IMMUNE =-
/return

sub Event_Lookaway
	/g -= LOOK AWAY FROM RIKKUIN =-
/return

Mob will never move. We put her ass in a corner, melee form the front. Slower DPS but no directional AE's to worry about... so you can reven remove the move parts. Just need something to react to the other emotes heh.. most notably the blind, missing that one can be really bad for a healer :\

edit: actually, this will work wonderfully, thank you... I didn't really look at the macro til now, but it probably should do the trick. Thank you =)

Last edited:
Just a question: I have a macro that I run non stop while in game. It's not an automater, it's more of a helper type. It gives me things like Wait4Rez, some UI enhancements, stuff like that. I'm wondering if somethinmg like this can be added as a sub to that macro, so that I don't have to turn it off and lose my other abilities?

If so any thoughts on how? I know I've dont it with other snippets, but my coding skills leave a lot to be desired. I'm not afraid to experiment though, so if I just got pointed in the right direction I'll give it a try.

As long as your current macro has a loop it continually repeats with /doevents inside that loop it can be added. Just include these #event triggers (commonly at the top of your script)
Rich (BB code):
#event MoveRight "#*#Rikkukin pulls his left arm back, preparing to cut a swathe through his opponents with razor sharp claws#*#"
#event MoveLeft "#*#Rikkukin pulls his right arm back, preparing to cut a swathe through his opponents with razor sharp claws#*#"
#event Immune "#*#Rikkukin's skin seals over with a caustic sheet of malleable ice#*#"
#event MoveFront "#*#Rikkukin twirls his tail, preparing to swat away those foolish enough to take up position behind him#*#"
#event MoveBack "#*#Rikkukin rears back and fills his lungs, preparing to exhale a cone of ice#*#"
#event Lookaway "#*#Rikkukin twists his body so that the ambient light starts to reflect from his silvery scales.#*#"
and the subs (commonly at the bottom).
Rich (BB code):
sub Event_MoveRight
	/g -= MOVE TO RIKKUKIN's RIGHT SIDE =-
/return

sub Event_MoveLeft
	/g -= MOVE TO RIKKUKIN's LEFT SIDE =-
/return

sub Event_MoveFront
	/g -= MOVE TO RIKKUKIN's FRONT SIDE =-
/return

sub Event_MoveBack