• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Few more questions on setup (1 Viewer)

Gordlad

RedCents
30¢
So I three box on Lockjaw and have a few more questions about my setup.

1. My crew is a Monk / Shaman / Cleric. I have the cleric and shaman set to assist my monk and my monk set up as the tank. When I am pulling more than 1 mob I cannot get my monk to stop attacking the first mob and attack a second mob without doing a /backoff which then breaks his auto attacking of secondary skills like flying kick. Last night I was grouped with a warrior and it was working great. I could switch targets no problem by hitting escape. Is there a setting somewhere to fix this?

2. Is there a way to have my shaman and cleric do certain buffs while in combat? Right now for instance my shaman will not buff haste until combat has ended. Would be nice for certain buffs to be done even in combat.

3. I had a third question and it has totally slipped my mind. Will get back on the third one lol

Oh just remembered the third question

3. My monk keeps sitting during combat when he looses aggro. I have aggro=0 set in MQ2Melee. Is there somewhere else to turn this off? He also sits every time combat ends.

When asking KA related questions, it helps if you post your problem toon's ini file too. Use the "code" button in the post text editor (</> button) if you can to save everybody scrolling through it every time they open the page.

1. Target changes - Is the monk running as a KA "tank" or "pullertank"? Both those modes have target order memory that will try to auto-select and kill targets. /switchnow is a command to force a target swap. Sometimes the mq2melee plugin will lock-on too which you can stop with /melee stickbreak=1 and /melee save. Check your settings in that if you're still having issues. /melee for all settings. KA also has a manual mode that gives the player more control.

2. Combat buffing - KA's Buff routine is only checked out of combat, except mana things like modrods. You can add a buff to DPS if you want, but you should also add a condition to check if the shaman already has that buff. Buff section does that check on it's own, but DPS does not.

3. Medding during combat - Does the monk have MedCombat=1? KissAssist settings and faq. This section in General would watch the toons endurance/mana (depending on class), sit out-of-combat if that stat drops to 20% or less and jump up to help with fights regardless of how medding is going.
INI:
MedOn=1
MedStart=20
MedCombat=0

4. Rebuffing every KA start - Seeing your ini might help. Kaen's suggestion was what I would check too.

Last edited:
Question - Few more questions on setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back