• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

EQEmu + warp/zone/gate (1 Viewer)

Unknownforce

RedCents
I just started learning this stuff not even a few weeks ago and I think I'm doin' pretty good with it so far.

After much time, I got Zone and Warp to work, Even fade works, but gate doesn't. Everything looks right, but it doesn't gate, it zones and even says it's zoning to pok (bound there) but it just ends up Fading instead of Gating, unless you are in a zone normally connected to pok, then it does zone to pok, but puts you where you would normally be if you just /zoned there, not at the bind location.

I'm using an old MQ2Rwarp plugin that had warp, zone, gate, zwarp, fade, etc. The code looks right, but I'm thinking the ZoneReason variable was different for the EQ Titanium version than the time the plugin was released... Which I think was March 06, and the EQgame for titanium is 11/01/05

Here's what I have for the gate Command.

Rich (BB code):
VOID Gate(PSPAWNINFO pChar, PCHAR szLine)
{
	CHAR szMsg[MAX_STRING] = {0};
	PCHARINFO2 pChar2 = GetCharInfo2();
	sprintf(szMsg,"Gating...");
	WriteChatColor(szMsg,USERCOLOR_DEFAULT);
	DestZone = pChar2->ZoneBoundID;
	DestType = 0;
	ZoneReason = 11;
	Y=pChar2->ZoneBoundY;
	X=pChar2->ZoneBoundX;
	Z=pChar2->ZoneBoundZ;
	Heading = 0;
	ZoneChange=true;
	return;
}

All Definitions/Declarations are correct and I have the EQData.h modified for the proper packets/offsets, My first guess was that it wasn't pulling the ZoneBoundID and Coords correctly, so I made a simple plugin to give me what MQ2 is seeing as the ZoneBoundID and ZoneBound(Y, X and Z) Coords and it does show them correctly. So I can only conclude that either the DestType or ZoneReasons are being rejected, because it just doesn't gate, it just fades instead of gating (or /zones to pok if you are in a pok-connected zone)

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

I would rather wait on any type of distribution (public or private) until it works properly, there are countless number of bugs with it right now, making it easily detectable(more accurately - NOTICEABLE).

I'm a firm believer in taking extra time to make sure something works as opposed to releasing something that is half-ass working and being lynched for it.

I still have to remove the MQ2Auth stuff, and I'm not sure how just yet. So in order to give it to anyone I'd have to have them run MQ2Auth, so I'm not going to add another line for every single person that wants it. I'm sorry, but I don't want to put up with the hassle, I have enough stress in my life as it is.

Plus, I'm not sure whether or not I want to release it, cause they will surely start trying to alter the server code to detect it, or start logging things more accurately. That doesn't mean I won't release it, but it also doesn't mean I will. I am undecided at this point. But even so, I'm not releasing it in it's current condition, because I'm a noob with this stuff still, it's half-assed and mostly guess and test stuff that I got lucky with. So lets just leave it at I'm not releasing it until it's ready, if/when that will be, I don't have the slightest idea.

Before today, I only had Warp, Zone, and Fade, plus the basic MQ2 plugins. I just got a LOT of other plugins put in to it just today. Most of them didn't need any changes, others just needed some simple struct changes, some of them still need a lot of work to be ported to the old code/struct/offsets, but I haven't tested any of them, I'm doing all this from work, so I have a long night of testing and debugging to do.

I'm still really new at the whole C++ stuff, it's taking me a lot longer than what some of the experts here could do in less than 5 minutes, but I'm learning it, so it makes it more of a challenge and fun.

I have been out of the EQ scene for a while. I thought it was for good, but I saw they were just starting work on PoP, and that's right about where I started playing, so it was just too appealing, I wanted the old feel back...

I just got back in it and was hoping someone that has been here a while would toss me some pointers on this stuff, it's still pretty overwhelming, but I'm kinda starting to understand how it all works.

Never seen /gate tried that way... old school I used to do this:

PHP:
VOID GateBind(PSPAWNINFO pChar, PCHAR szLine)
{       
  WriteChatColor ("Gating...",CONCOLOR_RED);
  pChar->Type = SPAWN_CORPSE;
}

No guarantees as to whether it will work or not... I haven't played eq in almost a year =)

that didn't work either, it did spawn your corpse and take away the UI other than the chat windows, just as if you died, but didn't zone, just sat there. you could stand up, move around and your name stays as "XYZ's Corpse"

Thanks for the suggestion, but MQ2Borg was my first attempt, and it wasn't any good, zone didn't work, gate didn't work, and it was buggy warp.

Alright, the next step I would try is grab a copy of the EQEmu source and read through the zone movement stuff on the serverside. The difference between EQ and EQEmu is that you can know ahead of time exactly what the server will do with each request packet. I saved a lot of time when playing with the monk no delay a long time ago because EQEmu is coded differently and it doesn't work =)

Yea, that's what I am doing now, and I've got a few things that weren't working before to work by doing so. I noticed that OPCODES and PKT's are defined quite nicely for one to simply copy and paste :) I still have to test this out for gate, I have so many plugins now, it's crazyness lol, sucks that only half of them work and the other half are fubared.

Oh I was wondering if anyone had an old DoCrack Offsets.ini file handy? I got DoCracks working, but no offsets, and I'm unsure about how to find them.

Thanks for the suggestions.

EQEmu + warp/zone/gate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back