• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Eqbc on 2+ computers (1 Viewer)

Flaboop

RedCents
I am having trouble connecting to the eqbc server on another computer. when i run two toons on teh same computer there is no problem. how do you do it on multiple computers? Thanks!!

If it works when using 2 toons on the same comp, it sounds like a firewall setting somewhere. Find out what port EQBCS is running on (should tell you when you start it) and make sure to allow it in the server comp's firewall software. If that doesn't work, maybe try setting up port forwarding on your router (if it has it) and send everything outgoing on the EQBCS port to the server IP.

-CodeCaster

Hmm i think i may be screwed. I dont use firewalls and my modem/router doesnt give access to port forwarding. shoot. Maybe i am not doing it right. you just run eqbcs on one computer, right? then give the commands on the other computers to connect?

Last edited:
Yep that should be all you need to do... Make sure all your settings are correct when trying to connect to the server, and that you don't have a master password enabled or anything and that all the port settings are correct when using the client plugins to connect.

Also, you may be using a firewall and not know it. Windows XP is notorious for enabling firewalls for people who do not need/want them.

You don't need to use port forwarding if its on a local network. Try typing in the IP address that the computer has which should be something like 192.168.1.XXX:6667 (not sure if that's the correct port number)-- if you don't know what the computer's IP is hit Run in windows type cmd hit enter and run ipconfig.

i have it working now, but I have noticed that eqbcs will only initialize on one computer. it gives an error on the others. It says it failed to initialize. Any ideas on what that would be?

It just says the application failed to initialize properly. hit ok to terminate the application. It says that on all but one computer when i double click eqbcs

Flaboop said:
Thanks Randomguy! that did it. i typed the address, and let the port default (2112) and it connected! woot! thanks!

...that wasn't the first thing you did? Man, I made a bad assumption somewhere... haha

(rg01 - Folks who have a switch hooked up to a router using the wan port (provided that router has its own switch as well) have to use port forwarding in some cases... I do, for example... Because the router will treat any traffic coming in the wan port as internet traffic and do all the goofy routing things that routers do by default to bork up things like bittorrent. Was just eliminating that possibility. ;) )

Yea I am pretty ignorant about lots of this stuff. I still cant get it to run on any other computer. Seems strange to me. it only runs on my main computer. I tried the compatibility for win95 and it didnt help. just seems odd

You're trying to run it on a win95 box? If you're using my compile, I compiled it as a .Net console app, so I doubt it would work with an ancient OS like that...

I played around this for like a week and found a good solid way to have it setup. I have 5 computers setup and use eqbc. What I did was setup 1 computer for eqbc, route it to the server IP with port forwarding.

Reason? because sometimes if your internet uses dhcp the local IP changes everytime u restart computer not the server unless you restart your modem.

That sets it up for 1 ip to worry about for you to connect to and if you have friends they would connect to it for buffs if need be.

I use winxp on all my boxes. it works on one of them but not the others. At least I can use it, but would rather run the server off a computer that I am not actively playing on, mostly because alt-enter to windows mode and back often crashes me. I can work around it, but it would just be easier if I ran it on another computer. Just seems odd that all things the same, it just wants to run on the one computer. ) Tis ok though.

Eqbc on 2+ computers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back