• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

EQ Underground 2.2 Change original owner (1 Viewer)

BobOfEQ

RedCents
10¢
"Change Registration Information

So you have an account that you want to transfer a character from, but you're not the original owner. No problem. Stop paying for it and let the account expire. How long does it take to expire? That depends on how long you paid for. If you paid for 1 month, you'll have to wait for that month to be up. If you paid for 1 year, you have to wait for that year to be up. When account expires, you will attempt to log on and it will ask you to re-subscribe. Fill out the forms, put in your credit card, billing address, and so on, and then you'll be set. Feel free to transfer characters between accounts; do name changes, or whatever else sony believes a second-hand account holder shouldn't do. Rumor has it both accounts must have same expansions, but this has not be thoroughly tested. "

Ok, heres what I have.

Account number one: I am the original owner.

Account number two: I am not the original owner.

Account number two I cancelled, waited for it to end, waited a full month more with it closed, then I registered it with my information as the guide says. I tried moving a character from it to account number one and they reply I am not the original owner of both accounts. I even made sure they both have same expansions.

If this guide works there must be some details I am not getting. The second guide there says to try and log in and then go to the page of account number two and register, does it make a difference if you do that or just go to the page to register?

Anyone done this lately?

Well...considering it is fully automated now, you must have done something wrong.

Because my friends have recently transferred toons with seperate billing and everything.

It's done automatically with no personal intervention now a days.

So....

It's all bot driven. All they do is verify the email addresses for both accounts match, if the character exists on the account requesting the change, and if the expansions of both accounts in question are equal.

That's IT.

My buddy had a toon moved to his main account from an account he was BORROWING from a buddy. His buddy was still paying on it for christ sake.

The moved the toon as soon as the credit card charge cleared.

friend of mine bought an account on another server, changed billing, secret question, password, etc. He changed everything. Tried to move it to his server.....denied. Sony's comment was, due to discrepencies in billing, we can not move this account. He had changed everything there was to change.

See like shadowman33, I have been denied. If this is still working for some people there must be some certain circumstances that are not being taken into account.

When I did it the email I recieved looked like this;
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment Customer Support.

Due to the strict guidelines for Character Moves, we regret to inform you that we are unable to process your character transfer request.

We have denied your request for the following reason(s):

After reviewing the account(s) involved, we have found conflicting billing and/or registration entries. For the character(s) to be moved as requested, you will need to verify ownership of the account(s) by providing some information.

Please provide the owner name(s) and the first and last 4 digits of each billed credit card in the history of the account(s) and the original CD keys. At that time, we will further evaluate your transfer request.

To ensure your request is processed efficiently, please respond back with this information through e-mail so we can reprocess your request.

You may contact the financial institution that provided the card(s). Legally, they must keep the information on file for more than 5 years.

Keep in mind that we genuinely appreciate your desire to move the specified character(s) and understand you may not be happy with our position in this matter. However, in order to maintain game balance and prevent fraudulent activity when moving EverQuest characters, one must be the original owner of the account(s) involved.

SOE/Verant reserves the right to deny any attempted request to transfer in its sole and absolute discretion for any reason or no reason.

Again, we will not be able to process your claim, but if you are able to correct the reason for denial, while staying within the Character Move Guidelines and Restrictions, please reply and we will be happy to process your request.

Regrettably, our policy restricts us from being able to move the specified character(s) for you without the requested information.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had changed registration, the email, secret question, password, and billing. The only thing I wonder about is if I had changed the information too recently when I tried to put the transfer through. Maybe it takes a bit before it shows up in their systems as the same email, etc?

I attempted this myself and got the same response as Bob. I am certain that all the info on both accounts were the same and that the recent billing on both accounts was even the same. Let's friend must have gotten extremely lucky!

1. account had lapsed for several months

2. I had followed directions above.. but i thought my CC was hacked so i changed them on all accounts

3. IT DOES show my info for subscription just with my other CC

4. I had to have my email registered at the www.station.com/kb

the first time i tried this .. it automatically denied it because my email was not registered

Now I have the CC issue.. so I went to KB and posted reply to the issue.. we shall see if they let it slide...

IF not .. i will change the account back to the other CC and try again

8-)

Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us
within 24 hours.

To update this question by email, please reply to this message.
Because your reply will be automatically processed, you MUST enter
your reply in the space below. Text entered into any other part of
this message will be discarded.

[===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]

[===> Please enter your reply above this line <===]

To update your question from our support site, click the following
link or paste it into your web browser.
Link to sony Knowledgebase here

Question Reference #123456-123456
---------------------------------------------------------------
Summary: EQ Character Rename Request
Product Level 1: EverQuest
Category Level 1: Account / Billing
Category Level 2: Name Change Service
Date Created: today
Last Updated: today
Station Name:
First Name:
Last Name:

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Customer (me) - today
Please Process The Following Order:

Station Name: username

Email Address: my@email

Phone Number: #

Number of Characters: 1

Characters to Rename:
FROM_CHAR_NAME TO_CHAR_NAME SERVER
1. old new server

TOTAL (Please Verify Based on Above Information): $49.95

BILLING VERIFICATION

USER-SUBMITTED CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
Name on Credit Card: me
Credit Card Number (Full): new CC#
Credit Card Expiration: 4-2006
Credit Card Address Line 1: addy
Credit Card Address Line 2:
Credit Card City: Sunrise
Credit Card State or Province: FL
Credit Card Country:US
Credit Card Zip Code: zip

SUBSCRIPTION RECORD CREDIT CARD:
Name on Credit Card: me
Credit Card Scan: #
Credit Card Expiration: 07-05
Credit Card Address Line 1: addy (same as above)
Credit Card Address Line 2:
Credit Card City: Sunrise
Credit Card State or Province: FL
Credit Card Country: US
Credit Card Zip Code: zip same as above

EXPLANATION FOR BILLING INFO CHANGE (IF ANY):

Thank You,

The Automated Character Renaming System

hopefully that will help

I know its only Name change.. but same concept ..

i think

8-)

After reviewing the account involved, we have found discrepancies between the
billing and registration on the account(s).

If you can provide the owner’s name and the last six digits of the first credit
card on the account and each credit card used on the account in the last six
months, as well as the account’s original CD keys, we will reevaluate your
request.

Again, we will not be able to process your claim, but if you are able to correct
the reason for denial, while staying within the Character Rename Guidelines and
Restrictions, please reply and we will be happy to process your request.

I changed card info .. so it was the same card i had when i reactivated the accounts,.. and same message as in this post again

the account was left inactive for several months.

then i entered my my billing info and let it sit for another month or so

activated the account and used it for the last 2 months before i tried the name change

and it still has not worked

8-(

Last edited:
EQ Underground 2.2 Change original owner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back