• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Resolved - /drop causes client to freeze or /reload (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedCents
2,181¢
Since last month's patch, /drop has caused the client to freeze and ultimately come back with the chat windows cleared, almost as if it performed a /reload. This happens when typed manually or as part of a macro.

I don't see an Alias for /drop, but there is a /fa=/fastdrop option.

Any ideas on what's going on?

It doesn't actually perform the drop action, and I cannot find anywhere in my config files where /drop = /reload
1653002737564.png
Drop is an MQ command. Added back in 2004, it's currently located in MQ2CommandAPI.cpp where it gets added.

DropCmd:
void DropCmd(SPAWNINFO*, char*)
{
    ItemPtr pItem = GetPcProfile()->GetInventorySlot(InvSlot_Cursor);

if (pItem && pItem->CanDrop(false, true))
        pEverQuest->DropHeldItemOnGround(1);
}

pEverQuest->DropHeldItemOnGround(1); appears to be an EQ Function. I suppose it's possible it's not acting correctly

Has anyone tried reproducing this? Maybe a plugin or something in the core VV compile was updated that conflicts?
I've never used the command in the first place and haven't tried it at this point. But I do have what I believe to be all available plugins added to my solution and did a search on the entire solution for /drop and didn't find a result with the exception of what I posted above. So to the best of my knowledge there isn't another /drop anywhere in the code.

Up until last month, /drop would drop whatever was on your cursor to the ground.

Now, for whatever reason, /drop performs a /reload on the client. Maybe /reload is the default when a MQ-driven command disappears from the directory?

Try it in-game. Pick up something like a fishing grub or roots or whatever, and /drop it. Tell me what happens, and if it performs a /reload, if you think that should be the expected behavior or not. If it drops the item on the ground then it's something with my setup / corrupted file / etc.
Maybe @Redbot or someone else has experience with this command.

Yes /drop was working a few weeks ago. Now it does not work which sucks cause /drop was very convenient when there is a crowd around its hard to find that empty spot to fast drop whatever is on your cursor. Back to /destroy for these situations :argh::argh:
I modified a few macros to utilize /drop instead of /destroy, because I literally hate the thought of accidentally destroying an item like a piece of raid gear on accident if I click on the screen and it picks up my breastplate, or something. The patch last month (April) broke it, so I modified what I was doing instead, hoping the next MQ patch would fix it. When the May patch came around and it wasn't fixed, I thought I should report it.

I agree, finding a space in like PoK to conveniently drop something is a pain, or while moving invis in a room full of mobs and accidentally trying to open trade with one of them and breaking my invis. ;)

Resolved - /drop causes client to freeze or /reload
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back