• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

DON - Crystal farming for the Drake Eggs Expedition (1 Viewer)

Cpt_Cam

RedCents
I was thinking of using the /warp or /gate features to farm crystals in the mission where you basically have to run around and /open the drake eggs. It's too late, or rather early :-), to sign on and run through it right now but the basic strat goes like this...

Run your little bot toons (or trusted allies) to right outside the zone in. You go in there and /warp to the egg locations and /open them up leaving the first egg up front alone. You'll get aggro for sure. If it gets too hairy, /gate your toon out and send another one in while the first one runs back. Then when you're ready..zone your guys in and pop the named one and you've got an easy 120 crystals?

Last time I tried soemthing like this I used one of my tunes at the front of the zone as a reference point for /warp target. Boy did that get messy.

The question is..can a melee bind in lavastorm? I'll have to see..

Well, since your using warp, depending on the one you use, I'd suggest doing /warp succor | /fade ....

wasn't there a thread on this about a monthago? with a mac or was it just locs?

i could swear i remember one..

or maybe i am just getting old

8-)

All you have to do is open up the eggs? I have done some like this but there was a named at the end I had to kill.

Drake eggs you have to kill a drake and loot the egg then kill the named that pops at zone in. Not sure about the one he is talking about.

Drake eggs you have to kill a drake and loot the egg then kill the named that pops at zone in. Not sure about the one he is talking about.

That's the exact one. Yea, I can get 4 folks online in a snap and just have them waiting for the final fight. I didn't think of /warp succor and /fade...that's a great combo...

I've been hesitant to use /warp in any scripts because I just have this innate feeling that eventually this will get caught. I do use it - albeit infrequently. I'm comfortable with /warp succor, zone and gate though.

I'll give this one a whirl soon.

You can do this one legit very easy just invis up to the drakes kill one loot it invis back up and run zone in and kill named. You cannot succor to zone in after named spawns he sees invis and will attack you at succor point

did this tonight..

It's actually called Lava Rocks or something like that.

Anyway..setup a hotkey that looks like this.

/warp target
/face fast
/open
/warp succor

then...just open up your map and start clicking the eggs and hitting the hotkey. Voila..in less than a minute you get all 14 done. Ready up for the last mob...zone your friends in and finish it off.

You're right about the mob seeing invis..warp succor didn't work after we popped the name...we let respawns hit us in the front and they all clustered together and just would not split apart...so I tried runing past them and then /warp succor...didn't work..they all came.

that was bad..they all chased me anyway. Is there something besides warp succor that clears your aggro? /fade seems to dump me to desktop.

make sure u have mq2ultrawarp loaded

and after the last egg.

/nokos = like ghost

move to where u want.... then /nokos again

friends have zoned in or zone in .. and BLam Kill mob

you got locs for the eggs?

not sure a moacro could be written for the whole adventure.. but maybe just for the eggs

hmmm possible warp into a wall or outside targetable area.. kill mob that way?

i have not done this one... just tossin ideas

thanks

DON - Crystal farming for the Drake Eggs Expedition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back