• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Did AOE PLing get nerfed? (1 Viewer)

Ryzon

RedCents
410¢
I tried to do some PLing with my 71 bard and as soon as the PLee gets close to the swarm they start attacking him. I was sure to generate plenty of PLer aggro with aoe slow/snares and the PLee had zero aggro prior. I've been aoe PLing for ages and never had this happen before...

maybe the toon you are pling has real bad faction with the mobs you are killing? I cant think of anything else, I have done alot of ae pling and never seen that happen before. I keep the low toon standing and invis and they never get agro unless I die.

I pl alot with my 75 druid and I have noticed that on pulls, if I run by the toon i am pl'ing, sometimes the mobs stop at him and start pounding. For example.... druid runs out and grabs 15-20 mobs, runs back and runs just past the toon being pl'd, druid stops, turns around and gets ready, but half the mobs have now come straight for the wizzy even though he has not casted a spell yet. I think alot of it has to do with the wizzy's lvl and the fact that he is in line with the pull. It could possible be the same thing you are getting. You might want to try to pull and circle the mobs a bit away from the pl'd toon, but still in range for the aoe's if your toon cast them.

Most efficient way has always been to pull 4-6 at a time and cast individually on each. Potentially AE PLing is the fastest ... but realistically you spend a ton of time either CRing your dead PLee or trying to juggle too many mobs.

I've noticed for several months now that aggro is whacked. Proximity is often enough to overcome perfectly good agro from melee, nukes, etc.

basically the way to do it is to keep the plee out of range of the mobs to where he/she will still get xp, but won't be attacked by the mobs running around. when the mobs get close to dying, do your 1 damage and go back to where you were, if you even had to move in the first place. Thats how I've done it in the past, it tends to work out better as you don't have very many cr's.

I used to be able to take my bard and round up 30 undead mobs or so then stop and cast aoe snare/slows for a while to gain aggro. I would then max out my DS and wait until the mobs started dropping to 50% health or so and have my PLee sneak in and cast a PB aoe. I would never get hit... Now as soon as I get close they turn and start attacking the PLee. I definitely think something has changed. There's some ultra uber PLing spots in Crecent Reach... Or so I thought... :( Oh well... back to the beat mob down, charm, break charm, snare method...

personally I use a chanter with chain stuns... works better imho as the mobs don't get to actually swing since they're stunned/mezzed most of the time. But I do think you are right as i haven't pled since TSS came out and I think their nerf to pet pulling also nerfed ae pling.

Did AOE PLing get nerfed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back