• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Decompiler's (1 Viewer)

Luna2006

RedCents
I asked this question in another thread but didn't get much of a reply so I figured I put in the right place this time.

I'm looking for a decompiler program to use for reviewing .dll's from my compile. Would like to have one that allows me to tweak those files, not just look at them. I did a brief search on the internet and found one site but found out that the particular program did not interact well with Visual C++ or Visual Basic files, obviously making it a bad choice. So I am asking for opinions or references for a program that will allow me to do this from you folks. Dont want to start a war about whats the best, so please just post what you use or what your prefernces are. Thanks in advance! :D

decompilers will not give you source code, they will give you an "idea" of what the under the hood looks like but nothing that can be tweaked then recompiled.

For instance, we decompile the exe when first finding offsets...that said, we can't just go around making changes. It takes a bit of work to understand what's happening in the exe.

There is really no *good* way to edit DLLs via decompiler. The only thing you'll really be able to do is...change text, like, say, names that Abyss has hardcoded into his DLLs, etc.

Decompiler's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back