• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Damage Shield PL locations? (1 Viewer)

x333

RedCents
Hey folks, does anyone have a list of good DS pl locations? For those that may not know this technique DS Pling takes advantage of a feature of damage shields that does not assign a source to the damage from damage shields so it does not go toward the 50% hp damage requirement in order to get exp. This means you take any lowbie you wanna PL, take a high level character that can stack up a lot of DS, and round up a lot of mobs that do not run on low hp. Let the PLer get aggro and have your lowbie character do some damage to each mob. AE classes obvious have an advantage being PLed in this manner but any class would work. After the PLee gets a hit on everything, crank up the DS and watch the exp roll in as the mobs kill themselves.

Anyway, back to the original purpose, does anyone have a list of locations with an abundance of mobs that don't run?

Currently I use Paludal to PL from 1-26ish or so before they start to grey out. It only takes but a couple hours. I'm not sure where to go from there.

I usually do this with my 75 cleric and 75 magician.

After Paludal I go to Unrest, usually to around 32.

I run around all the lower levels with my cleric, and then I run back up to the entrance where my mage and the character I am PL'ing is.

Before I put the DS on, I have my cleric run back and forth a bit casting quick heals on myself, usually 6 or 7 heals is good to ensure agro will NEVER go away, then I tuck into a corner somewhere, and have the Mage throw on the DS.

Because of the amount of agro I have, i can then stash my PL'ee into the thick of the mob, and cast whatever spell I am going to do the damage with.

Obviously PBAoE are best, but not all classes have them. Alternatively if you have melee you can cycle through each mob, and hit them once each.

After Unrest, I go do the same thing in the Gulf of Gunthak. I move to the one of the corners of the beach, set up there, and then go and pull as many mobs as i can, usually somewhere between 30 and 40 (it depends how many hits you are comfortable taking). Not only do I clear the beach, but i also clear the area with all the Drogmor and Flower thingies, and also get all the mobs around the little fort area. Non-stop pulls, and can usually get a level for my PL'ee every 2 pulls or so. I normal have to cast Heals with my cleric during the beatdown, but i've never died or even worried about dying)

This works nicely to low to mid 40s, and then I move to Dulak's Harbor and do the same thing.

Please note, in all of these places the mobs do run away at low health, but it's only ever the last mob that runs, so its nothing really to worry about. If I can't be bother for my low level toon to hunt them down, I just sick Gonad on them.

Once I get to level 50, i then just group with the cleric and mage, and go bully some mobs in some of the older high level zones (Velks, Planes, etc, take your pick, my mage pet is pretty robust)

Hope this helps anyone wanting to do similar, any questions, feel free to ask.

Maccydu

I don't think the size of the DS matters too much. Obviously the smaller the size, the longer it takes, and the more hits you'll take (and hence heals needed), but as long as its 30+ or so, you should be golden.

I think my mage runs around 70 or so, and the mobs usually go down with 30 seconds or so.

Maccydu

The best way to do this is use a bard with Brass mod. he tanks the mob untill they drop to 50% and you can AE to get the exp.

Nothing is better than a bard i had like over 200DS with clickys + potion + 38 mod drum

Also remember to put your back to the mobs so they hit you more.

Enchanter (Illusion Fire + Feedback + Runes) and Bard with DS song and head to the hotzones. I'm leveling up a BST right now, and I've found a good route to go is PC til 15, NL til 20ish then head to Iceclad till about 32 or 33. After that, Scarlet Desert has been pretty decent xp for me...still plenty of red and yellow at 35 which is where I stand now.

I don't have the luxury of a bard/chanter PL, but have mainly been using DS pots/heal pots when soloing, but sometimes have a cleric and/or shaman with me keeping me healed/buffed.

I've actual PL'd using a chanter, so when you get your damage shields stacked up, cast all your stackable runes, tash as many as you can find, pull back to the PL-ee and sit so the mobs hit you 100% of the time. 75 ENC with 1.5 can stack near 3K of runes on so no real danger of dying.

Thanks for the replies, I have a 65 bard with a 28 horn so my max DS twist is 60 pts. I do have a 70 enchanter and she can self DS about 30pts. I'm pling up a Beastlord as well right now and without AE its not as convenient. Still, cycling through nearest NPC meleeing is nearly as good. I'm guessing a 50-55pt DS pot will speed things along nicely when I get into LoY zones.

There is a macro here think its called hit all mobs or something like that that will cycle you through them till you have hit each one then back your PL toon out .... I can look later for it at home ifyou do not find it

I can tell ya how to do this like a charm a char from 1 - 46 in 3 hours =) and its ligitamate =)

If you got Bard / Cleric combo and bard has atleast 10k hp buffed this will work. Have bard. Cleric with atleast 9k hp... Now what you do is go buy heal pots and DS pots now HoT pots suggested about 200. and 100 of DS. Now you can get a AoE class Mage or bard or anything. You can get a char to level 10 then you MASS PULL THE WHOLE ZONE WITH BARD.. i mean everything have bard use 2 heal pots while pulling for heal agro and sing your mana / health regen to build up agro. THIS IT WHAT YOU MUST DO FOR ALL PULLS AND AS THE HIGHER LEVEL MOBS YOU MUST DI YOURSELF WITH CLERIC!

Once you hit 24 you head to Gunthak.. Mass pull the Beach twice once you do that with a single char you get a level or 2 per pull this will get you close to 30 once your char hits thirty you can mass pull the WHOLE ENTIRE ZONE AGRO IS KEY so use pots use cleric and make sure your in corner so clerics can cast with out being moved and pushed and bard can sing. Now once you have done that like 4 pulls you will find your char making 3 - 4 levels per pull in the 30's til 40 then you hit up Dulak at 29 mobs thats 1 level solo exp so GUESS WHAT pull the WHOLE ZONE thats like 331 mobs or something =)

Its nuts and Dulak gets weird cause mobs bounce. and so you need a TRUE CORNER but you can use this to make sure you can heal self with pots and to re DI yourself so cleric doesnt take agro. This is a SKILL try with like 20 mobs to start =). Once you get these down if you got a SK friend thats uber i mean 16K + SK have them mass pull PoJustice 3 pulls the whole zone while cleric and bard in same group have you all in corner singing and di and healing SK can AoE agro so cleric can cast and not die and bard well just for additional ds of like 175 =) makes things die fast.

But 1 di and 2 cheals enough for mobs to die, for a Good SK and all THESE EVENTS your char must cast a AoE spell to get the exp but after level 50 =) the char can group with ya and if you a bard you should know how to get a char to 75 from there =)
Sorry spelling bad but I am at work doing mutiple things and wanted to post =P

HAHA yeah but these things slowly tick you down not like your dropping like a fly and if you are then get a friend to help or try to use those !337 Haxors that allow you to Ghost kill that Fry put out.
Except you cant warp more then once in like 10 seconds or you crash so piggy zone out of the question and having 2 chars on same comp cant warp cause packets will clash and you crash. =P
Or even better this one rocks just Create a Bard and Circle kite everything to 75 like i did =P HAHA =)

When PLing a class that can't AE (Beastlord, for example), are there clickables or items that can substitute? Something that will emit a PBAE that will give the user credit for the damage?

EDIT:

I went to Allah's and did some quick searching, the only viable PBAE item is this:

Blued Two-Handed Hammer

Its tradeable, procs a PBAE at level 30, and is wieldable by every non-PBAE class except I think Enchanter and Rogue. The quest is easily soloable especially by our standards now and all the parts are tradeable so you could get lucky and find it on Bazaar. I'm going to attemp this and hopefully have a nifty PL weapon from now on. *this quest is confirmed to still be doable on Allah as of April 2007.*

Last edited:
If I am pl'ing a toon that does not have an AE, i simple use that toon to pull with. Instead of my druid pulling, I use the lowbie to pull 20 or so mobs. That way he gets all the hits, and on his way back, I cast a heal on him. That pulls most all aggro off the lowbie directly onto the druid so the ds just eats them down.

I used an enchanter and a mage to PL. Use enchanter to pull keeping runes refreshed.

Pull all of Mistmoore pretty much then find a corner to start up an AOE stun chain. This generates PLENTY of agro on the enchanter. Use a hotkey that is just /cast 1, /cast 2, /cast 3 and mem three low level stuns there and just repeatedly hammer that key. (or make a simple macro to do that). You're sure to keep everything alive until you want them dead that way.

Used the mage to DS the enchanter and when the lowbie hits everything just stop stunning and they impale themself on the enchanter DS.

LOIO works good for the lower levels. I think mistmoore is good to 40 or so. SolA is good too. Then sebilis is my favorite AE zone. As mentioned before, the Guk's work good too but more people there usually.

Cool guide Ryzon.

I have just hit 40 with my necromancer in about 3 or 4 hours. I've now light blued out most of the stuff I pull in Gunthak so I'm ready to pop into Dulak and finish out the 40s tonight. So far its been a lot of fun dinging every pull. Once the necro is done it will be time to work on my Druid :evil:

If you can two box this goes way faster and gather as many as you can without dying in one shot...the more mobs the more exp.

1-13 in Kurn's tower about 30 minutes (will take agro by healing too much so turn away from mobs)
13-19 in Echo Cavern needlites about 30 minutes (Gotta have snare, Root preferred so they still attack)
20-36 I prefer walrus' outside Kail (sp) especially if you have a bard and can /twist (here you can PL a lower toon by having them stand by and do nothing but avoid agro) maybe throw a lower guk in there but it's typically crowed
Looks like they made GE a hot zone again so as soon as you can get there.
45-60 I prefer Veksar cause of the great loot and exp
60-70 HOH

That's the least taxing route I've taken, others get boring fast

Damage Shield PL locations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back