• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Custom Sound (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,347¢
Hello all,

I play with EQ sound volume off, but want some custom .wav or mp3 files to be played for some events. This means EQ audio triggers, and the EQ /vplay features won't work for because EQ sound is turned down. There used to be some old plugins called MQ2sound and MQ2customsound that have been deprecated. What replaced them? I am needing a simple command I can use in all other scripts and plugins that support a custom command to be executed. I know mq2posse can play a custom sound when a pc is detected nearby, and mqtargets can play sounds for specific spawns. It looks like spawnmaster can trigger a custom mp3 to play via the EQ client. What can I use to play a sound (other than /beep) from a home made macro?
Thanks

Solution
You can play any sound in the Everquest sounds directory using /beep sounds/filename. So /beep sounds/achievement will play the achievement notification. Plays at your PC sound level, ignoring the in-game volume settings.
Question - Custom Sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back