• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Crash to Desktop (1 Viewer)

dragonfire

RedCents
722¢
The following situation is occuring on two different machines.

Request MQ2 9.3 is loaded and shows on Character Selection Screen

After choosing character (2 different accounts, 2 different machines) the EQ loading screen opens and RedQuest 9.3 appears in the Cooking Froglok Legs line. EQ drops to the desktop after going through music loop much like skip loop on old vinyl records.

Both machines are WinXP on local workgroup (no domain) LAN behind DLink Router over Cable ISP.

EQ works fine without MQ2.

EQ worked fine with MQ2 up to 9.3 and latest patch.

MQ2 is in unmodified Redquest precompile and has been downloaded and unzipped 3 times to assure that there was not a download error. EQ has been file checked. On both machines a new EQGraphicsDX9.dll was noticed to download, so DXDIAG was run and the latest patch from Microsoft applied to assure that it was the latest 9.0c.

I searched the forums using Crash to Desktop and did NOT find a post with similar crashes listed. (I am hoping I did not miss one.)

I removed all the plugins from MQ2 in the MacroQuest.ini file.

I am still crashing to the desktop.

If someone has a moment to review this, I would appreciate any suggestions for a next step. I have to admit that I am totally incompetent in any type of compile (my last compile experience was on a HP2000F in 1972) and do not have any compilation software, so I am dependent upon Redquest for my MQ2 experience.

I greatly appreciate the time, energy and effort that goes into providing this service for us gimps.

Thanks again.

Umm I have heard of this a couple times today not sure what the issue is I am at work and havent gotten home to investigate whats up so i can help with getting this resolved but it is a issue i have heard 3 or 4 times today. =P people want me to compile a simple compile for them but im at work =P

Thanks for the replies.

I logged in, ran to POK book and zoned to POK. Then I camped, quit, ran MQ2 and reloaded. Same problem.

However, this time it took about 3 times longer for the loading.

The Redquest post has some posts about this (I have the same probs as you). People are apparently discovering that it's mq2bzsrch plugin. Load MQ2, right click on the icon in your tray, and left click on INI. Scroll down and delete that plugin from that page. I haven't tried it yet for myself, but it sounds like this is the fix.

Having the same problem here as well. Odd because EQ and MQ were both fine yesterday and I didn't update either of them today. Will try Bama's suggestion and see what happens...................................

OK well getting in game in EQ before loading MQ solves the problem. Didn't try Bama's idea since the ini file won't open when i click it as he describes above.

I haven't even tried loading MQ2 since I got suspended a few weeks back. I decided to go ahead and load it up today so I could use the HUD (I never realized how much I used it until I stopped using it). I kept on crashing after I selected a character. Bama's idea of deleting the bzsrch worked perfectly. Thanks!

First rule of thumb when crashing when loading MQ2 is unloading all plugins and starting from scratch (yes, open that macroquest.ini and delete them like a good boy.)

Crash to Desktop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back