• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Compiling my own, structs, offsets, blah blah help. (1 Viewer)

I'm going to preface this with a single statement: There is no amount of writing that I, or anyone else, can do that will improve upon what is available here and on the MQ2 website. If what is here isn't sufficient, then you need to a) spend more time reading, or b) just be content with downloading the precompile.

First, I think that if you don't know how to do this yourself, you shouldn't be writing a f'ing guide on how to do it, or even planning on writing a guide. The only "Complete idiot's guide" that RG "really" has is the instructions for how to download and work with the RQ download. Compiling source code is simple, but updating all of the offsets takes (some) time and effort. Forget about updating structs...if a struct breaks, as far as you're concerned, you do most other people who haven't been taught, or spent a lot of time figuring it out: you sit on your hands and wait, and hope that someone is willing to share.

Second, the questions that you're asking are silly. Anything involving offsets is *obviously* going to require an update any time that the eqgame.exe is patched, because the offsets change every time anything is changed in there. Anything that doesn't involve an offset/opcode probably won't require updating. The kind of specific list that you're asking for is also silly, because it implies that you don't want to figure it out on your own.

Third, the updates that plugins need doing them will require some knowledge of C++, which I'd say that you don't have. It takes a while to learn, especially if you're self-taught, because C++ isn't a forgiving programming language -- a single wrong character can fuck your whole plugin.

Fourth, finding offsets: Scroll down to Odessa's post. You'll need to update the offsets in eqgame.h, because those are the main offsets that drive the MQ2 program, but there will be other offsets to take care of as well.

So, to sum up:
1. Which plugins generally DONT need updating after a patch. Suggestion given
2. Which plugins generally DO need updating after a patch. Suggestion given
3. If a plugin needs updating, what needs to be updated? Be descriptive/Specific Suggestion given. This is so totally broad of a topic that I can't even begin to explain to you how to figure it out. Code breaks, you find out why, and you fix it.
4. How do you find offsets for DoCrack? Be Descriptive/Specific Suggestion given
5. How do you find Zone and Warp offsets? Be Descriptive/Specific This quest is ridiculous. There are multiple guides in our guides section. Try Cade's one or Teacherspet's one.
6. Anything else that would be of use in this guide. Be Descriptive/Specific
7. Which MQ2 CORE files need to be edited after a new patch? Be Descriptive/Specific This thread is still accurate, aside from the Warp change stuff.

Compiling my own, structs, offsets, blah blah help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back