• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Compiling help, Please! (1 Viewer)

newperson

RedCents
Okay, so I've looked around on the various wiki's and posts...but can't figure out what im doing wrong!

I have the free VS 2005 that a bunch of us got, and I can't get it compiled! I double click the MQ2auth, open the macroquest2.sln file, press yes to all...
...Then I select MQ2Main as startup, build, and I get the following error:
'EQClasses::CStmlWnD::AppendSTML' : a 'naked' function cannot contain objects that would require unwinding if a C++ exception occurred'

The Macroquest 2 wiki says that I didn't follow directions, and I have the wrong compiler flags for my version of the compiler. I have no idea whatsoever as to what I should do. I tried to redownload the SDK program, and re-install that, but it didnt do anything!

Help please! :#

Aye...but I like being self-sufficiant :) I use his compile right now, and love it, but there are a ton of plugins that I don't need to use...and well, don't want to have easily at my fingertips.

So I realised maybe I should be using the .dsw file, instead of the .sln (as the mq2 directions state). In the code-building-box it shows all of the .cpp's being built, then it says generating code, then it gives the same error as before (which is error C3068).

The only thing that I can think of that could be causing this problem for me, is that I am not able to "Set Active Config" through the build menu.

I am downloading Service Pack 6 now...since I also realised I hadn't done that yet.

edit: downloading service pack 6 didn't do anything.

Set MQ2Main as the startup project. Right Click again and go to properties. Under the C\C++, Code Generation Section you will have to turn Enable C++ Exceptions to No. And Finally You're Ready to begin Compiling.

I think it will fix your problem
And I think you should use the .sln instead of .dsw

Compiling help, Please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back